Hedgehog Facts

Well that was unexpected…

16 Likes

Walking through the aisles of my local Rite-Aid, this made me smile (and grab a quick pic):

19 Likes

Fact: While hedgehogs tend to be good models for paintings, sometimes there are distractions that are just too difficult to ignore.

19 Likes

Today is Groundhog Day in the US, but according to (somewhat murky) history, the holiday originated in Rome as Hedgehog Day.

(Which would have made for an interesting change to an already delightful movie…)

I’m just putting this here because it’s cool

16 Likes

From my Facebook feed.

14 Likes

Every day is Hedgehog Day in our hearts.

16 Likes

Trivia - “Every Day Is Hedge-Hog Day” was the original title for Morrissey’s song but he changed it because hedgehogs are far too cheerful and optimistic.

15 Likes

Bonus trivia, the original album design for Strangeways proposed to the Smiths featured a hedgehog which Morrissey rejected on the same grounds.

13 Likes

:astonished: Did you have that one already cued up and ready to go? I’m seriously impressed.

8 Likes

I had the hedgie image, so I just had to grab the purple out of the cover to get the text in a layer, clear out the original grainy photo, film grain the heck out of the hedgie (with a little added noise/gaussian blur), then add a gradient map to get the right toning. It doesn’t take very long once you know how to do it.

9 Likes

In the time it took you to do all that, I think Photoshop might just have finished loading for me…
Still, that’s all sorts of awesome and gets my day off to a great start. :smiley:

10 Likes

From the original liner notes…

Trudging slowly over carpet
Back to the bench where your wine was misplaced
This is the comfy home
Where lots of critters roam
Hedge-a-zilla, come Hedge-a-zilla!
Come, Hedge-a-zilla! Come!
Everyday is Hedge Hog Day
Everyday is happy and gay
Hide under the table
Chase a monkey
Find where monkey hid the wine
In this tiny house
That would fit a mouse
Come, come, come, tea time
Trudging back from allday photoshoots
And a strange dust lands on your spines
(And on your nose)
(On your nose)
(On your nose)
(On your nose)
"Win yourself a fairy cake"
Share some fine tea with me

12 Likes

A little known fact is that, like some well known beagles, hedgehogs served valiantly in WW I. Here’s a photo from 1917 with an old relation of Her Higness’s in the 101st “Quills From The Sky” on an old airfield in front of a Sopwith Camel.

Red Baron spotted!

The insignia of the 101st “Quills From The Skies”

13 Likes

Fact: reaching out to hedgehogs based on their LinkedIn profile will not yield valuable business opportunities.

15 Likes

Dude! You really need to write back as the Princess, if just to see how far this will go.

And keep us informed every step of the way.:wink:

9 Likes

Alas, it’s a forwarding address, and I don’t have an SMTP server that’ll let me spoof the sender, otherwise I definitely would be discussing opportunities. As a Quillonian Princess with 2.4 million in funds temporarily trapped in a state account, I do need assistance and would be pleased to reward such help with a 5% commission.

12 Likes

I know I’m excited about the doors that can be opened knowing the Princess and I are networked!

9 Likes

Happy news, there is a new tale that has been told, full of sound and furriness, signifying something, in which there are crouches of invisibility, bears alluding to Camus, and a very alluring desk.

12 Likes

Cow Accountant

AcCow-ntant?
Mookeeper/Bullkeeper?

7 Likes

I think this photo from the story is my favorite.

10 Likes