Heiress "Instagram influencer" whose parents are accused of paying a $500K bribe to get her into USC has trademark application rejected for punctuation errors

3 Likes

I expect rejections on such grounds are also entirely routine. As noted in the article, said lawyer also has an ample six months to respond with a correction.

The best part of the Advanced Mad Scientist Genetic-engineering course was being able to tell the instructor that “My homework ate the dog”.

12 Likes

Is “heiress” an appropriate moniker? With both parents still alive, has she inherited anything yet (besides an attitude)?

1 Like

I think you misspelled “Cultural Capital.”

3 Likes

“Heiress-presumptuous”.

4 Likes

She “mysteriously” obtains a college place, if not in open acknowledgment that she’d defied wondrous odds, then in wilful blindness to the cash changing hands, then becomes an “influencer” - let us note that reasonably smart people are not “influenced” so easily - and blames mummy and daddy when it all falls down?

There’s a smidgen of the entitled spoiled brat here, wouldncha think?

What, is the “let’s create a working civilisation” project finished and done with?

The break she gets is an open opportunity to move on with her life and stop the charade.

That works so well as a four panel horror story. Poor dog.

Wondering about the Lethal Chocolate Dose lead me to the following page…

https://www.vets-now.com/dog-chocolate-toxicity-calculator/

1 Like

Schadenfreude is hollow when you realise that in the end, the rich will always win.

2 Likes

These people used to be called “socialites.” It’s not a new thing.

1 Like

Surprised to see this from Cory, who should know better. And who knows dozens of lawyers he could have asked…

These kinds of “rejections” are routine and easily overcome. In fact, it’s already been overcome by an examiner’s amendment and was approved for publication on 4/2.

Next: Olivia goes to the DMV, misses two blanks on her form, and has to correct them without losing her place in line before being getting a new license.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87905798&docId=OOA20190315121910#docIndex=0&page=1

2 Likes

Your take is substantially less funny/interesting, though.

:slight_smile: social-lites

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.