Help deal with COVID by wearing jeans, a Georgia superintendent of schools advises

Originally published at: Help deal with COVID by wearing jeans, a Georgia superintendent of schools advises | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Jeans aren’t normally allowed at a public school?

14 Likes

I guess they could wear jeans over their faces. That might help.

19 Likes

Jeans are typically forbidden to teachers and admins.

7 Likes

Not for staff in most places. And there are some schools that ban kids wearing jeans except on special jean Fridays. Mine was one; we had to pay $1 for the privilege of wearing jeans on that Friday, too, but we were also an unusual public school that was a public/private partnership. The school had formerly been an all-private college prep school, but didn’t have enough prep students to keep open and had worked out an arrangement to become the local public high school as well when they needed more space.

3 Likes

On Aug. 19, in response to what Wilson called the “many and diverse perspectives across our community regarding COVID-19,”

Science has no regard for perspective Superintendent Wilson… none at all.

5 Likes

This is the dumbest variation on “let them eat cake” yet. I can’t wait to see his take on the subsequent guillotining.

9 Likes

He obviously believes in the COVID via flatulence theory. He invested in Levi’s N95 tight fit.

9 Likes

This is the same state whose governor is giving Friday, Sept 3 off to State employees go get vaccinated if they choose to do so because he won’t mandate vaccines or masks and not releasing the covid stats. I seriously doubt many of unvaccinated employees are going to change their minds at this point. But at leat the governor can point at the day off and say “look what I did to help fight covid!”

4 Likes

Is this recent? Most of the schools I attended in Kansas during the 70s to mid- 80s had no policy against jeans worn by teachers, but the administrators wore suits or dresses.

3 Likes

Problem solved. Face jeans:

10 Likes

Another method they might consider is “No Pants Wednesdays.”

2 Likes

Sounds like they had an unsuccessful business model as a private school. They should have failed to make room for a more successful business model.

At least that’d be the logically consistent thing for them to do, when the country insists on marketizing education.

3 Likes

They’ve been a public school now since 1909. The prep school part remains in service, too, but it’s all non-profit (since at least '72). Also, the prep students are multi-cultural and diverse, predominantly minority in nature although some come from out of country, which brings much needed outside view points to one of the whitest areas in the whitest state in the country. I credit the school with why I’m liberal despite growing up in an area that’s heavily conservative.

11 Likes

And yet one of the parents is quoted: “I cannot believe that I live in a community with this level of failure to acknowledge and address a problem of this magnitude.”
It’s like he hasn’t been paying any attention at all.

3 Likes

Is this principal vaccinated?
If so, he’s a evil spit-licking hypocrite.
If not, I look forward to the services to follow his week on a ventilator.

1 Like

Edit: Crap, I was a whole day late to the party on this one.

4 Likes

They won’t take the vaccine because they don’t know what’s in it, but they’ll go to the feed store and buy pills/paste made for horses. Yeah, makes sense to me.

1 Like

Not necessarily in CA. Teachers often wear jeans (especially in times of possible school shootings and/or emergency evacuations), some teachers only wear jeans. I’ve had four different principals who are women, and they wore jeans on game days and Fridays – about three times a week.

I think it depends on the district and the teachers’ union.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.