4 teachers die of Covid-19 within 24 hours of each other in Broward County, FL

Originally published at: 4 teachers die of Covid-19 within 24 hours of each other in Broward County, FL | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Fuck DeSantis.

27 Likes

A friend’s mother went from healthy to dead from COVID (Delta) in just over 2 days last week. Delta’s heavier viral load is serious business. If you see symptoms, don’t waste time.

42 Likes

Sometimes being part of a death cult results in death (with excuses to anyone who was vaccinated).

14 Likes

All my life I’ve read cautionary tales about empires falling due to greed or malice or intolerance or an inability to adapt to a changing world.

Somehow it’s even more depressing to watch an entire society die of stupid.

47 Likes

So what you’re saying is the liberals killed them. /s

9 Likes

It’s the first week of school here and I have had 4 kids test positive for covid already. Then I hear “well, they couldn’t have caught it at school, it’s too early!” True enough, but they were in school! And had covid! And, for every one of them, they were symptomatic and only got tested because the school required it. How many kids have they exposed? This is going to be an ugly Fall, man.

62 Likes

Before I get too upset - where any of those teachers vaccinated?

8 Likes

Article says “at least 3 were unvaccinated,” which would be par for the course.

31 Likes

Shame that these teachers were unvaccinated, even sadder is that many others will still not care and continue to spread misinformation

15 Likes

…and viruses. Lots and lots of deadly viruses.

18 Likes

Pointing out that we are currently on the road in Northern California. Noticed a real heavy push for distancing & masks just about in every establishment. Nice to be where science is still a positive thing.

33 Likes

If only there were some way to prevent tragedies like this.

33 Likes

Meanwhile in Austin TX despite the fact that we’re on the highest alert stage for covid they’re still holding concerts and social events like nothing is happening. And I see folks with no masks regularly

27 Likes

Most troubling, mask up fellow mutants.

26 Likes

I feel like things might have worked out better for us if English had completely separate words for ‘freedom of’ and ‘freedom from’.

14 Likes

As a kid I tried to sell the 13 original colonies back to the British, never got an offer though…

14 Likes

Maybe this will help:

15 Likes

This is awful… but sadly, not unexpected.

Lots of people will die needlessly before this is all over…

21 Likes

Our school district had a supply drop off for K-5 at our Elementary (youngest is K, starts Monday). When I went in with my son to drop off his Kindergarten supplies, I saw 100s of people and only one other mask in the whole fucking place…and it was on MY SON’S FACE. No other parents, no other students, no teachers, no admin staff…DESPITE a “masks recommended not required” weasel-worded announcement that dropped that day from the superintendent.

Jesus MotherFucking Christ, these fucking motherfuckers…I am NOT ok with other people thinking it’s ok to risk my son’s health and life.

33 Likes