Help wanted at candy store. No complainers, know-it-alls, whiners, sloths, manipulators, roamers, hiders, shirkers, liars, haters, clock watchers, controllers, passive aggressors, pukers, or splitters

It reminds me of what used to be a lovely locally owned bakery near us. The owner retired, and the changes with the new owner were stark: higher prices, lesser quality in the ingredients, and poor service. The reason for the poor service was that she would constantly berate her employees and point out how they never did anything right, and the rest of the time she would seethe without saying anything. We stopped going, and there were many other locals who did as well. You could feel it in the air. We felt sorry for the employees, but couldn’t reward the new owner with our business.

This is not the checklist of an owner trying to protect their staff. This is a manifesto from an owner who is announcing how toxic they are to their staff with every phrase.

7 Likes

Maybe. I have worked for some assholes, and I have worked with assholes, but management/boss was ok.

Exactly. It’s like the saying. Sometimes you meet an asshole, but if you’re always meeting assholes then you’re an asshole.

Posting a job application listing a long tirade of personal grievances against “types” of people makes the workplace look toxic and dysfunctional.

Reeks of bad management.

10 Likes

Yes. Also, in the ‘apology’ posted above, he exhaustively claims to have never disrespected or mistreated anybody, ever, but then goes on to rail against disgruntled ex-employees. :thinking:

7 Likes

It is large, but not unreasonably so for the area around a mid sized Midwestern city. It stays well clear of the abomination size range that Cleveland gave the world. https://www.sweetiescandy.com/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.