Henry Cavill gets way too serious about Warhammer 40K during an interview

Originally published at: Henry Cavill gets way too serious about Warhammer 40K during an interview | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Cavill, along with Jason Momoa, is one of my nerdy man-crushes.
He’s just lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Myself, I’m MASSIVELY out of touch with tabletop WH40K, so was leaning towards Eldar or Tau.
But his answer was great, and showed a genuine working understanding of the game.

8 Likes

someone at GWS really needs to reach out to Henry Cavill and work out how to incorporate him or a character of his into the lore going forward.

1 Like

Sherlock would, of course, play, The Inquisition =][=

4 Likes

That confused me…for just a moment. We have too many hot Sherlocks these days

6 Likes

… I’m all for that.

3 Likes

Original Rogue Trader illustration, neat :metal::grin:

3 Likes

Caville would make a great Captain Titus.

8 Likes

Isn’t Cavill also a PC gamer? I recall he did some sort of PC building video a while back.

He ought to get in touch with Rahul Kohli, whose twitter involves as much geeking out over painting miniatures for gaming as it does other social media goings-on.

2 Likes

Indeed he is and indeed he did. Shirtless? Or is that just wishful thinking?

ETA: Close…but wishful thinking

2 Likes

But seriously, what kind of interviewer asks a question but does absolutely no research on it ahead of time?

4 Likes

I can only assume that they were hoping that this would be a softball ‘establish geek cred’ tickbox item rather than something that would require reading up on a 35 year old game that’s practically a small genre at this point.

What is a little surprising is that they didn’t have an answer that both professes some familiarity and tactfully admits enough ignorance to head off further questions handy. Something along the lines of saying that you are only really familiar with the space marines from the Dawn of War series because you didn’t have the time and painting patience to get seriously into the tabletop stuff. Doesn’t make you sound like you are just winging it; but makes it clear that it’s not really worth engaging you on the subject.

4 Likes

Nice, cute guy, financially secure into hobbies and gaming, has a nice dog.

Want.

Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

9 Likes

I can just post bulgy-muscle-screen caps from that video all day, if you like. No problem

2 Likes

I, um. Might have some :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

And of course the probing journalism of “Who better at solve mystery? Geralt? Sherlock? Scooby?”

Okay. Maybe I am paraphrasing and making up the last bit, but you could see the contempt pass over Cavill’s face for just a second before he answers

3 Likes

6 Likes

No one expects the Sherlock Inquisition!

1 Like

Cavil also plays a Custodes army (the same one he suggested Sherlock Holmes might play), so that’s an interesting insight.
My 40k knowledge dates back from when there was still Squats in the army lists.

1 Like

They’re back, but now called The Leagues Of Votann.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes