Henry Winkler, proud that he jumped the shark, reveals why The Fonz ended up on water-skis

Originally published at: Henry Winkler, proud that he jumped the shark, reveals why The Fonz ended up on water-skis | Boing Boing

7 Likes

That may be an unusual combination of attire but Batman and the Joker arguably dressed even sillier when they had their surfing competition in 1967.

7E009D6E-2200-4A74-8BC2-B4E02822D858

images

20 Likes

Winkler is one of Hollywood’s certified Good Guys, right up there with Dick Van Dyke, Tom Hanks, and Keanu Reeves.

17 Likes

…glad they cleared that up.
bbc what GIF

In the late 70’s thanks to JAWS, sharks were suddenly this item to cram into TV shows, often with no regard for logic.

(I still can’t believe they cancelled Sheriff Lobo.)

5 Likes

Huh, weirdly while this article even admits he didn’t actually jump the shark itself, just the photogenic bits before and after, I don’t see any mention of who actually did the jump. Google fails me, IMDB doesn’t list any stunt people or doubles for Fonzie. Anyone know? Seems like they should get the credit, not the actor they substituted for.

8 Likes

Speaking of sharks and Batman:

3 Likes

… “began” :thinking:

3 Likes

… maybe not as absurd as we thought though

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.