Henry Winkler, age 75, drinks water with one hand

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/23/henry-winkler-aged-75-drinks.html

10 Likes

Gauntlet thrown.

I would very much enjoy seeing Donald Trump attempt to water-ski over a shark now.

Ball’s in your court Donnie.

60 Likes

37 Likes

You know his feelings about ramps.

59 Likes

With a frayed rope.

I met Henry Winkler when I was a kid at the SAC Museum in Omaha. All I really remember is him being kind and sweet. Thankfully, I didn’t mess it up by telling him I actually thought he was John Ritter (I was little).

26 Likes

Damn i miss John Ritter. Recently rewatched Stay Tuned and still love it, and rewatching Scrubs and thoroughly enjoyed his cameos.

13 Likes

200 (1)

27 Likes

When it said:
Henry Winkler, age 75...
My synapses immediately assumed it was an obituary… No, God, not Gene Cousineau! Take me. Take me!

5 Likes

If he doesn’t want a ramp, he can just go straight in for all I care. It’s a spectacle either way.

4 Likes

Maybe he can get one of his big, strong generals to spot him.

Roger Moore - Jetski

3 Likes

And the ratings! The BEST ratings ever!

11 Likes

I was worrying what came after the comma. So relieved.

8 Likes

Unlike Trump, Henry Winkler can handle ramps

11 Likes

What’s with this finger under the glass thing? Trump drinks that way too.

Is it an old person / glass stability tactic, or do you just get taught to drink from a glass differently in the US?

4 Likes

Hey, Biff…

sitonit

Same experience for me and everyone else I know who’s met him. His reputation as one of Hollywood’s genuine good guys is well earned.

17 Likes

He’s been married to the same woman since 1978, at the height of his fame. Very rare for Hollywood. I take it as a sign of character.

22 Likes

Honestly it was probably a blessing in disguise that Monty was cancelled after six episodes. If it had endured then we might remember him best for his role as a Rush Limbaugh-esque asshole instead of fun characters like The Fonz or Barry Zuckerkorn.

9 Likes

It isn’t standard practice in the US. I just looked up a bunch of pictures of people drinking and it looks like some small share do that, so it might be a stability thing or just a quirk.

3 Likes

I do that too, but it’s nothing I learned consciously, and I’m pretty sure it’s not standard practice anywhere.

3 Likes

The bar is so low now for qualifications for president.

I was hoping to see a thumbs up in the video :wink:

1 Like