Here are the creeps who sell ATM skimmers on Alibaba

[Read the post]

/me counts pennies

3 Likes

Every place I go to that has an ā€œopen to publicā€ atm, I steer clear of. The little adhesive tab that is installed to thwart this is ridiculously easy to peel off and replace. Gotā€™a be a better wayā€¦

2 Likes

I love how potential buyers are assured of the safety of the purchase transaction.

In a just world, clicking the Purchase button would lead to the buyerā€™s credit card being drained dry.

13 Likes

Has anybody tried it. The fact that it is easier to put this on a website than to actually manufacture it seems to indicate that a drained CC balance is likely.

3 Likes

Iā€™m picturing ATM machines with slots 4-5 skimmers deep. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Slightly off topic, but what does the term ā€˜hot saleā€™ mean to the Chinese?
My guess is that it is a very common Chinese term that when auto-translated turns into ā€˜hot saleā€™.

I used to work in a Western company where ā€˜hot saleā€™ referred to sales with very little prior promotion involved, but that doesnā€™t sound interesting enought for it to be plastered all over Alibaba.

Iā€™ve never bought directly from Alibaba, but I buy on Aliexpress regularly, and think it is just as secure as Amazon. (Which is to say the security is questionable, which is why I use single-use credit cardsā€¦for both.)

This comes to mind

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.