Here are the many amusing ways people wait for the anxiety-provoking microwave beep

Originally published at: Here are the many amusing ways people wait for the anxiety-provoking microwave beep | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Sometimes i just let it run for a minute, and then let it beep and do the reminder beeps so I feel wanted/needed…

7 Likes
10 Likes

here at work we have two not very new or fancy microwaves of different brands whose beeps just happen to have ever-so-slightly different pitches. When they happen to beep at the same time it’s a special kind of feeling.

8 Likes

Oh great, now I need to get a Furby Something and circuit bend it to stand in for beeps. Or blow $7-13 on an Arduino successor and something with extra bass and dub in frustrated puppy noises.

7 Likes

You know that “life hack” of microwaving your dishwashing sponge for a minute periodically to kill bacteria?

The difference between 1:00 and 10:00 is between making the sponge very hot and calling the fire department because your microwave burst into flames…

4 Likes

Why not just have a standing Furby? “Look it’s standing, warmed over fried fish is done”.

I don’t know what a Furby is.

1 Like

I try to press stop so either the display shows 0:00 but the beeper doesn’t go off, or the beeper starts but the display is still showing 0:01. Or other disagreements between the clock and the spinny motor, lights, etc.

I’ve never succeeded. ~40 years of trying, dozens of microwaves, hundreds of attempts. Yet I keep trying.

1 Like

I had a microwave oven that beeped SEVEN FUCKING TIMES when done, EVEN IF YOU OPENED THE DOOR AT THE FIRST BEEP it would KEEP FUCKING BEEPING!! Also it was red. I no longer have a microwave oven.

Someone at work keeps taking their food out with SEVERAL SECONDS LEFT on the timer AND LEAVING IT LIKE THAT. What kind of FUCKING MONSTER does that?!?

4 Likes

One time put some TJs orange chicken sauce in a bowl and put it in the microwave so it was out of the way while the chicken cooked. I thought I had set the timer function to 20 min but had in fact turned on the microwave.

It took a while for the smoke to dissipate and dear wife had to use some steel wool to recover use of the bowl.

Our chicken was a bit bland that evening. But she got a story to tell.

1 Like

You’re just saying it wrong.

Better now?

1 Like

Ooh, yeah, that’ll do it.

Sugar Free Food GIF by KAKTUZBOY

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.