Here is a happy dog on a trampoline

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/14/here-is-a-happy-dog-on-a-tramp.html

1 Like

Hey @beschizza, if I use the http://boingboing.net/blog/page/1 entry point this video takes up the whole enter screen, hiding the content under it. If I scroll down it shows the rest of the posts, but I can’t seem to make the video go away.

On a Mac on Fiya Fawx.

7 Likes

Same with me on a Windows 10 laptop. What have you done, Bob!!!

3 Likes

It’s also crashing the page on my phone.

1 Like

The dog is boinging ok with Firefox/win7.

Thank you for the loop.

1 Like

Cute, but I’m a long-time dachshund owner, and know all too well how sensitive they are to back injuries (they’re both physically and genetically predisposed for things like disk ruptures, degeneration, etc.). So the trampoline bit made me immediately cringe.

Do you want dachshund back problems? Because this is how we get dachshund back problems.

7 Likes

I am having the same problem. The /blog view has a full window video covering the top half of the page.

Also annoying is any entry that has an embedded video has a horizontal scrollbar when viewed in Chrome.

2 Likes

Is there no tiny bit of joy left anywhere in the world that is still safe from made-up concern driving trollies? Can’t we just enjoy a bit of 3D rendered fun without thrusting upon it a pile of baggage that doesn’t actually apply to, you know, a 3D rendered movie made without any actual Dachshunds?

7 Likes

That loop was just the Friday lunchtime lift I needed. Thanks!

2 Likes

But they used real dogs to track the movements. They had to shave them so that those ping pong ball things would stick.

6 Likes

Can we put Neil Gaiman on a trampoline instead? I don’t think he’s prone to back problems like these little puppers.

6 Likes

They are prone to back problems. That’s not made up at all.

But animated puppers, not so much…

3 Likes

It’s made-up when applied to 3D rendered Dachshunds. Full stop. And for the record, I own a Dachshund (mix) and am well aware of their back issues.

2 Likes

No cats? No cats? I thought this was the internet, where are the cats?

5 Likes

@beschizza
Also coming up full across my screen on my android, my ios and my firefox macos. It’s basically screening blocking for the top of the /blog page.

Otherwise: very fun! Glad for CGI doxie as even my doxie-cross would be in peril to do this.

I thought he (or she) was real for the first 2/3 of the video. That is one fabulous animation.

2 Likes

No jumpoline jokes?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.