Here is every oooh, owww, ugh, unh, and other scatting sound in Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal"

Originally published at: Here is every oooh, owww, ugh, unh, and other scatting sound in Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Even funnier, There I Ruined It also posted the sounds in order of intensity, to their TikTok:

2 Likes

Curiously leaves out his famously used ‘hiccup’ – which several other singers, perhaps most notably Buddy Holly had nearly perfected.

The “Dah! Dah! Dah!” part immediately called to mind the Balinese Monkey Chant scene from BARAKA. I love that stuff.

Seems Pesco’s got form on this (albeit 7 years ago)

1 Like

Everything you need to make Michael Jackson the player character in an FPS.

1 Like

probably because the hiccup would there be for the whole song

1 Like

That was fun but watching Jonathan Moffett the drummer is truly exciting.

More cowbell perhaps (there aren’t any?!) but just the right amount of cymbals - this guy has a few:

And more so for Beat It. The over the shoulder twin cymbal hit and mute at the start of the 2nd verse (1.26) is just impossible!

2 Likes

All those noises Jackson kept putting in irritated me beyond belief, completely put me off listening to any of his later recordings. I currently have approximately 53,000 tracks in my Apple Music library on my phone; there isn’t a single Michael Jackson recording among them.
I might think again if someone did edits without all the grunts, sneezes and tuts.

I’d rather listen to this blast from the past:

1 Like

I’m sure there are former children that are gonna be traumatized hearing this. Jesus juice.

So why bring it up?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.