Here is No Doubt performing a very VERY different early version of "Don't Speak" (1994) with accordion!

Originally published at: Here is No Doubt performing a very VERY different early version of "Don't Speak" (1994) with accordion! | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The husband’s take on No Doubt: “It’s bad enough playing the same hit songs every night for years. Imagine it’s a bunch of fuck-you songs, sung by your bitter ex 6 feet away, and you have to play those songs, every night.”

9 Likes

I miss when they were a ska band. Here’s a pre-queued part of the song Everything’s Wrong (1988).

5 Likes

This is something Lindsay Buckingham also knows a thing or two about.

10 Likes

That is absolutely hideous - I love it!

2 Likes

Arguably the greatest rock group in history.

2 Likes

They would have been a lot better off without Gwen Stefani in the group. I always felt she held them back. Just think how far they could have gone! But alas, we’ll never know.

There’s (at least) one on YouTube of a slightly later version that she’s done in concert. Still the original love song, but closer musically to the breakup version. She introduces it as the original, and does tell the story.

Aaaaaaand now I can’t find it.

Closest I can find is this partial one, acoustic, but no accordion. Much closer to the breakup version, but for the words.

2 Likes

In the send up of Lollapalooza episode of The Simpsons you can see the No Doubt members as random background characters.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.