Watch the Winklevoss Twins butcher "Don't Stop Believing" with their cover band

Originally published at: Watch the Winklevoss Twins butcher "Don't Stop Believing" with their cover band | Boing Boing

1 Like

their new cover band, Mars Junction

AKA the Mediocre White Band.

5 Likes

I’m glad to know I’m not alone. Straight in the bin with that one.

3 Likes

When I was last in New Orleans, they were playing that song in every damned bar I went into.

2 Likes

The music sounded halfway competent, but woooowww. That dude can not sing. I can sing better than that, and I am not very good.

I don’t have the best ear. If you are a little off I won’t notice. That dude was waaayyy off key. It was like really bad karaoke.

1 Like

She no longer has it in her store, but Dorothy Gambrell who writes the comic Cat and Girl had a shirt in her store for a while that said “Stop Believin” which would have probably been perfect for you.

When I was last in New Orleans, they were playing that song in every damned bar I went into.

I blame gentrification.

6 Likes

Their inability to find/stay on pitch is so bad that it almost seems deliberate. I managed to hang in to the 18 second mark on the first clip and wasn’t going to subject myself to any more of their horrendous performances.

3 Likes

Grumpy Cat No GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

2 Likes

To be fair, Journey can’t do that song very well anymore since Steve Perry lost his voice.

Yes, it’s fake, one of those ‘shreds’ fake-sync parodies. The comments on youtube are funnier than the video.

2 Likes

Now I don’t know what hell is worse, that or hearing “I love this Bar” multiple times a night, multiple days of the week for 6 weeks?

2 Likes

The Sopranos crew hated that DSB was played during the last scene of the last episode.

2 Likes

You were in New Orleans, so that’s cool…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.