Journey keyboardist to Trump campaign: Cease "Don't Stop Believin'" at rallies or desist

Originally published at: Journey keyboardist to Trump campaign: Cease "Don't Stop Believin'" at rallies or desist | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Journey keyboardist to Trump campaign: Cease “Don’t Stop Believin’” at rallies or desist

I don’t think this is worded right… It’s Schon (the guitarist) who wants this to stop being used.

That being said, Jonathan Cain (the keyboardist) is so weird. I know that’s it’s been discussed here but he’s the husband of the even MORE weird Trump faith advisor or whatever, Paula White… They are creepy AF.

15 Likes

If there’s one message that the people at Trump rallies need to hear it’s probably “for the love of all that is good in this world please stop believing.”

19 Likes

“Never stop stopping.”

8 Likes

You lost me there, Thom.

-signed, born and raised in south Detroit

Cars Slick Roads GIF by Digg

17 Likes

He looks like a Satanist who wants the world to be in absolutely no doubt that he is a Satanist.

11 Likes

Right? I thought lizard people wore human faces. They aren’t even trying.

10 Likes

Is their tour next month still on? Awkward.

9 Likes

Previously on BoingBoing:

6 Likes

Just part of the GOP playbook. They use songs without permission, including with explicit non-permission) all the time. Meanwhile they take the money from Big Music to pound you for downloading songs and movies.

It goes back at least as far as Reagan using “Born In The USA” as his campaign song, despite Springsteen telling him not to do that.

Some say it’s easier to apologize than to ask permission, but you know what?
It’s even easier to do neither.

9 Likes

They’re not weird, they’re fascist grifters… Weird Al is weird… these people are just right wing assholes dressing up their bigotry in religion.

I don’t understand why some people want to ruin weirdness by conflating it with right wing bullshit, but how about we don’t?

7 Likes

Personally, I think everyone should stop playing that wretched song anywhere, at any time, and under any circumstances —

Gasp! One last hot take for 2022!

1 Like

The word generally has pretty broad use in language. Wasn’t trying to downplay how awful these two are. Chill out a little bit.

2 Likes

This one is trickier since Cain co-wrote the song with Steve Perry. Cain is a garbage human but this is a little different from the usual GOP habit (Born in the USA, I Won’t Back Down, Rockin in the Free World, etc)

2 Likes

Well… no. These people are fascists, not “weird”… And given how close shit is to not having a democracy, because of people like this, why should we be calm?

2 Likes

The members of long-running rock band Journey have long had fractious relations, but an inter-band cease-and-desist order is a new peak

Grr. Intra-band.

This is definitely a better Journey lawsuit than when they sued the Animaniacs guy for stealing their masters, and when he proved to the judge that no he actually could sing exactly like Steve Perry, the judge said “doesn’t matter” and made Rock Sugar destroy their records anyway.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.