Dancing Donald Trump uses rally to share 39-minute playlist

Originally published at: Dancing Donald Trump uses rally to share 39-minute playlist - Boing Boing

2 Likes

The Village People still hate Trump and the MAGA freaks. So does Rufus Wainwright and probably every other artist on Trump’s playlist.

20 Likes

…really hope this one gets some media coverage. trump’s handlers appear to have a ‘plan B’, in this case a dance party, to go to when they detect him wandering delusionally off the teleprompter for more than twenty minutes.
(“That’s it, he’s gone again. Cue the band and dance troupe”)

7 Likes

Cue up more lawsuits from the music’s creators!

7 Likes

Sinéad O’Connor?

Donald Trump played Sinéad fucking O’Connor?!

19 Likes

What? No Ring Cycle? Maybe 15 hrs is too long for the old f42t to dance to without a wardrobe change.

1 Like

Man, are the Village People really ok with how much he plays YMCA?

Also - unless the YMCAs in NYC are different than the ones I have been to, I bet he has never set foot in one.

1 Like

People claiming to be devout Christians and then getting all weepy at some beautiful version of Hallelujah always cracks me up. Have any of these people ever actually listened to the lyrics?

There was a time you’d let me know
What’s real and going on below
But now you never show it to me do you?
And remember when I moved in you?
The holy dark was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

It’s a great song, and I love that version, but all these people who think it’s a worship song just kill me. Well … I suppose it is a worship song of sorts, but not the kind they think it is.

19 Likes

10 Likes

Couldn’t Musk offer him some fake robot backing dancers?

4 Likes

I had ‘Tomorrow Belongs to Me’ on my bingo card.

4 Likes

Basically the same people who think “Born in the USA” is a nativist, nationalist anthem. Life is a lot simpler when you only listen to the chorus.

13 Likes

There was a video making the rounds 4 years ago of some MAGA faithful dancing around at a rally to RATM’s Killing in the Name. Of course, they were singing along just to the “Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me” part. I doubt very seriously if they knew any of the other lyrics.

11 Likes

I heard the Joker musical was terrible but holy shit they weren’t lying

15 Likes

This will surely be followed the largest collection of cease and desist orders from musicians that any politician has ever received. I really would like to see details about that.

6 Likes

Several of these artists have been sending C&D letters for multiple election cycles already. Unfortunately the artists’ wishes are difficult to enforce and the litigation process can take years if it works at all.

5 Likes

It’s a worship song of both kinds, but more the latter than the former. That’s the genius of it.

I don’t expect it to work, but it surely doesn’t hurt to have many popular celebrities come right out and say “Screw that guy.”

2 Likes

They have been, the guy’s supporters just don’t care.

4 Likes

One of the few smart options left for Trump: give fodder for the bored ghouls out there to create “lighthearted” videos of this dangerous fascist. I said it once and I’ll say it again,

1 Like