Trump's bizarre video pits singing Democrats against Rep Luna in a swimsuit

Originally published at: Trump's election strategy: Folksy singers vs MAGA swimsuit model - Boing Boing

11 Likes

Okay; we’re all thinking it; this is WEIRD!

36 Likes

Because MAGA’s got electrolytes.

22 Likes

Something tells me we’ve just found the next rock band to send a Cease & Desist in response to Republicans using their music without permission.

Also, some background on “Barracuda:” the song was written as an expression of rage by a pair of sisters who were defamed by a couple of assholes making up allegations of incest just to generate publicity. So of course the GOP is trying to appropriate it for their own ends in a campaign against a woman they’ve been trying to defame while simultaneously sexually objectifying their own woman candidate…

35 Likes

“Make your choice,” wrote Trump.

Harris. Next question?

36 Likes

This eternal adolescent boy doesn’t understand that the choice is about who people should vote for, not who they want to sleep with.

And really, the idea of sleeping with someone so dimwitted, gullible, and hate-filled that she’s a MAGAt isn’t appealing no matter what she looks like.

So, yeah, easy choice.

22 Likes

its not a good movie by its premise, but yeah…pretty much.

1 Like

When Trump rallies his “base,” he doesn’t get north of the basal ganglia.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/managing-your-memory/201712/don-t-listen-your-lizard-brain#:~:text=The%20reptilian%20brain%2C%20composed%20of,it%20or%20riding%20a%20bike)..)

6 Likes

No, we’re not; and personally, I have little patience left for anyone who is just too complacent to actually fight for a better future.

19 Likes

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

15 Likes

Also once again:

23 Likes

this can’t be real. is he trying to win a meme contest or the presidency?

6 Likes

Customer Service Karen GIF by FILMRISE

He’s been doing this since day one. Of course it’s real… :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Exactly.

But I did have to say do a Tennant-level “what?” at that image.

what GIF

And I like a nice form in a bathing suit, but we’re not in Idiocracy times yet. Yet.

5 Likes

The other video, representing Republicans, shows Congresswoman Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) wearing a one-piece MAGA bathing suit, twirling around to show her ass to the camera to the opening riff of Heart’s “Barracuda.”

Because the most important part of an election is for the candidate to win the swimsuit competition. :roll_eyes:

The MAGA crowd is already living in Idiocracy and they are perfectly fine with it.

12 Likes

I’d definitely go for the folks on the porch over a MAGA nut, no matter how pretty. Kindred spirits. The song they’re singing is “We’re Not Going Back”. Cathy Fink on Instagram: "Anthem by @davidsweaver WE'RE NOT GOING BACK- Songs power the movements! Share, sing along. @dclaborchorus and Strathmore Ukfesters joined by friends for @kamalaharris #élection2024 #kamalaharris #democracy #civilrights #lgbtqrights #singforthemoment #singforhope #anthem #notgoingback"

7 Likes

See Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Fists up, fight back. Let’s cut the nihilism, and focus on continuing to assault fascits weirdos using their own posts. They post stuff like this? Point and laugh. Don’t frame it that we’re all on the same page.

11 Likes

It would also not be the first time the Wilson sisters have objected to Republicans using their music.

15 Likes

To be fair, some of “us” have never had that luxury; we were born knowing that the board is generally stacked against us, and that life is often unfair.

We still fight anyway.

“In every moment there IS a possibility for a better tomorrow…” and I’m one of the ones that believes in it, and I will do whatever I can now to make it a reality.

13 Likes

(Video is a little cheesy, but the lyrics hit home.)

9 Likes