Here is The Batman (2022) but starring Adam West from the 1960s TV series

Originally published at: Here is The Batman (2022) but starring Adam West from the 1960s TV series | Boing Boing

11 Likes

YES, please?!?!?

7 Likes

Adam West running around in tights holding an oversized cherry bomb over his head will never not be funny.

I loved how he couldn’t even bring himself to throw it off the side of the pier in the original movie because there were some adorable baby ducks in the vicinity.

15 Likes

Adam West Reaction GIF

12 Likes

ducks-bomb

I haven’t seen the new movie but the bomb scene at the ending of The Dark Night Rises was a poor copy of this.

15 Likes

Corridor Digital is always high-quality weirdness.

3 Likes

I generally eschew superhero movies, they having long since jumped the shark, but I would pay good (or perhaps average) money to see this nonsense in a modern Batman movie.

Bonus points for window cameos from completely unrelated franchises or a local carpet retailer.
Tv Show Vintage GIF

8 Likes

That was an improvement over the actual film, which I decided to watch this weekend during my laundry hours (I do call it “Bad Movie Sunday” for a reason, though).

1 Like

Oh man I never even made the “some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb” connection with the Nolan movie before.

6 Likes

Yes! We have the technology! Lets make this happen!

Seeing the George Barris Batmobile fly out of the flames was really pretty epic!

8 Likes

They did do it in one. :slight_smile:

Come on Batman

2 Likes

Disposing of that bomb in the “Time out of Joint” episode of the animated series may have been an homage as well:

4 Likes

I like how the music is also a “gritty” version of the Batman '66 theme song. Nice attention to detail.

2 Likes

I remember that episode. It’s not enough that Batman is already richest and most popular member of the Justice League, he also had to upstage the Flash on the super-speed thing.

The new movie is decent. It actually focuses on him being “the worlds greatest detective” rather than just action sequences.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.