Adam West's Batman helps kids cross the street safely

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/16/adam-wests-batman-helps-kids.html

3 Likes

Wonder who the woman was in that half-second splice at the end there?

3 Likes

Pah! When I was a kid, we had Darth Vader:

Also Doctor Who, being a bit Dada-ist:

11 Likes

Holy uncomfortable silence, Batman!

4 Likes

Yeah, and Tufty the squirrel.
Also, Imay have tried to use the Force to stop traffic, but not an acorn.

3 Likes

It’s a bummer it’s not Gotham with its tall buildings, then they could have used their utility belts to throw a line across the gap and swung themselves across, safely above the path of oncoming traffic.

3 Likes

On the other hand, they’re in Birmingham, so instead they could use the canal network to get around.
As Brummies will tell you, Birmingham has more miles of canal than Venice. It smells better too.

4 Likes

there’s a decent chance that film is exactly as old as i am, which feels really weird.

2 Likes

My dodgy memory remembered there being a Green Cross Code PIF with Jimmy Savile in it, but it was actually about car seatbelts.

2 Likes

One of the most endearing things about Adam West Batman is that he’d never, ever break the law even in the name of catching a dangerous crook. They even explained that the only reason he was allowed to drive the Batmobile above the speed limit was that he had been officially deputized as an officer of the law and always made sure to have the light and siren blaring.

So of course jaywalking would be right out.

11 Likes

Very nice, but they missed the chance of Batman turning into a lollipop man by pulling the trademark circular-sign-on-a-pole out of his utility belt.

Adam West was really the best Batman.

3 Likes

He was also a strong proponent of buttermilk and its restorative qualities, god bless him.

4 Likes

"And, yes, kids! All Yanks do dress this way!

</adam west voice>

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.