Watch Batman's Adam West have a terrific conversation with himself

Originally published at: Watch Batman's Adam West have a terrific conversation with himself | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Is he trying to get out of a date early?

4 Likes
6 Likes

Of course they don’t say “goodby”. Typical.

13 Likes

Note oh Bat-fans that Commissioner Gordon and Chief O’Hara have failed to transpose the phone receivers properly that such an arrangement would work. Thereby they should’ve come to suspect that there weren’t two independent phone calls involved !bang! !zowie! !kachowww!

4 Likes

Absolutely my favorite Batman, by a huge margin.

fight batman GIF

7 Likes

Batman: “Luckily the Bat-Phone in Commissioner Gordon’s office was equipped with a Bat-Microphone-Reversal setting for this exact scenario.”

13 Likes

The Adam West voiced animated show from 2016 was good silly fun too.

4 Likes
3 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

7 Likes
5 Likes

Most comic-accurate for a portion of the silver age comics, sure. The shift in tone we saw in the Tim Burton movies was as much down to Burton’s unique style as it was due to a shift in how the comics themselves were being handled in that era.

2 Likes

Look carefully; they actually placed the receivers properly, the commissioner rotated the black receiver fairly fast. So, the arrangement during the conversation is as follows: on the top, the speaker of the red phone is aligned with the microphone of the black phone and at the bottom, the speaker of the black phone is aligned with the microphone of the red phone. Everything is as it should be for such a conversation.

4 Likes

I was joking/not joking. But I am still waiting for a live action Batman movie that accurately captures the Batman of the O’Neil/Adams/Aparo/Rogers, pre-Miller era. IMO, the Animated Series is the apotheosis of the character on film, so far: a man who turned a tragedy into a calling and became a hero.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.