Here’s the most infuriating 2-minute segment in the history of Wheel of Fortune

The bottom 10% of Jeopardy applicants are way too smart to be acceptable Wheel contestants.

Q.E.D. :wink:

4 Likes

Thomas was screaming internally the entire time.

1 Like

I was almost expecting the last guess to be “Another feather in your Carp”

4 Likes

And that’s just putting up with Pat’s sexist BS.

6 Likes

Or guessing “…in your HaT” when H and T are already present elsewhere (namely, “another” and “feather”). Though I suppose it was a good faith approximation of “…in your cap,” yeah that must’ve threw them off their game.!

1 Like

Pat Sajak weighed in.

4 Likes

Christopher: “G”
[“G” appears on playboard]
Christopher: “I’d like to solve it. Another feather in your gap!”
Sajak: That’s it!"

1 Like

It was an SNL skit once

5 Likes

For all those laughing at how people could not know this simple phrase, and even point to a lyric in Yankee Doodle as to how ubiquitous it is:
“Yankee Doodle went to town / riding on a pony / stuck a feather in his cap / and called it macaroni”

I would then turn and laugh at them if they’re similarly unable to explain what is meant by ‘macaroni’ in that sentence. Especially if they think somehow it has to do with rhyming ‘doodle’ with ‘noodle’ and meant pasta.

Nope, it was a short-lived fashion style starting in 1760s England that the rest of the country quickly jumped towards ridiculing, with language similar to homophobic/transphobic statements of today. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-macaroni-in-yankee-doodle-is-not-what-you-think

1 Like

That thing about bread making birds explode is a myth.

2 Likes

Not sure if serious, but you’re conflating two different things. Rice making birds explode is a myth. Bread is bad for birds because of malnutrition or mold.

4 Likes

I suspect that like most myths it varies based on location, it was bread where I grew up.
I accept that it’s rice in other places tho.

1 Like

2 Likes

I so wanted the last guy to just roll his eyes and say, exasperatedly, “Another feather on your cap.”

4 Likes

“Look before you larp”

2 Likes

Forget “colder than a witch’s tit”, I think we’ve found another phrase that’s in danger of dying out.

(I checked, it wasn’t in the survey results.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.