Wheel of Fortune puzzle upsets fans

Originally published at: Wheel of Fortune puzzle upsets fans | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I guessed “Joining the Army”, incorrectly. I googled the correct answer, and it’s perfectly cromulent.

21 Likes

@beschizza don’t leave us hanging! I had to go find the answer

26 Likes

First, I agree… why all the secrecy? The show aired yesterday, it’s not a spoiler.
Second, it was the first thing I thought of. I wouldn’t have thought it so obscure as to make people angry. Maybe that’s why I don’t care for Wheel.

30 Likes

I did a couple searches for Jeopardy! related news a couple years ago and now I get fed all sorts of stories about it. What I’ve learned is that Jeopardy! fans really get “outraged” about every other episode in some way or another. I’m guessing it’s mostly tabloid-level hyper-targeted clickbait stuff.

12 Likes

That is strength, boy. That is power. The strength and power of flesh. What is steel compared to
the hand that wields it? The strength of your body, the desire in your heart? I gave you this.

Such a waste.

Contemplate this on the Wheel of Fortune! Ladies and gentlemen, Pat Sajak!

22 Likes

I really didn’t think that was an especially obscure phrase. It was my first guess too.

24 Likes

Yeah, I got it as well. What’s the outrage?

9 Likes

downing the urea
gowning the prof
loaning the drug
moaning the aria
mooning the prig

26 Likes

I am sorry, but: This is the best response ever. Just sayin.

8 Likes

Did someone say “Fray”?!

22 Likes

What? No “Luck be in the air tonight?”

luckbeintheair

27 Likes

I’ll admit I first parsed it as “Joining the orgy,” but I’ve also been helping plan for one at an upcoming kinky camping event, so that’s just been on the brain this week. I understand that this isn’t a common occurrence for most people, though. Right?

11 Likes

Join the orgy
And you’ll see
You will be
All you can be
hey, hey…

6 Likes

I immediately thought of this meme.
8380_6a0f

Here are some moar of my fav memes by way of the photoshop movie:
8382_0872

8384_cf21

8647_69e1

8397_de7d

8390_2a9a

12 Likes

“It’s and older phrase, but it checks out.”

14 Likes

It’s such a terrible game show. It boggles my mind that people watch it.

4 Likes

I was a Jeopardy! snob growing up and always looked down on Wheel and its fans. But really, it’s not like watching any game show is really that great a use of time.

10 Likes

No, Boggle is a completely different word-finding game.

24 Likes

A failure of our educational system.

2 Likes