Wheel of Fortune puzzle upsets fans

You really had to scrabble for that one didn’t you?

18 Likes

We’ll definitely have to have some words with friends about it.

12 Likes

I didn’t guess it at first but I have heard (and use) the phrase often enough

3 Likes

Well, I guess it is onwards and Upwords from here …

7 Likes

My theory is that they take the top 5% of scorers on the Jeopardy test and put them on Jeopardy.

Then they put the bottom 5% on Wheel of Fortune.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Go on… we’re listening.

3 Likes

Right now we’re in the planning and logistics stage – making sure we have space allocated and scheduled, deciding who’s going to facilitate the rules and negotiation discussion before hand, that sort of thing. There are a lot more mundane details that go into these things than most people would ever suspect!

5 Likes

If you were going to post a comic book cover in the context of “Fray” I would have gone with the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off.

3 Likes

This serves as your periodic reminder that Pat Sajak is a proud fascist.

10 Likes

One of the most infamous moments in Italian television was in 1995, when this phrase happened:

Ruota-della-fortuna-1200-690x362

The title/hint was “the Amazons”, and the correct solution was: “Vinsero battaglie grazie alla loro foga
(They won battles thanks to their ardor), but one of the players said “Vinsero battaglie grazie alla loro figa”, (They won battles thanks to their vagina)*
And the authors were snickering all the time, looking at the face of the participant who looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights.

*The Italian word is more vulgar and slang, it would correspond more to an English word which rhymes with runt and it’s forbidden here (but the Italian word despite being vulgar is not considered an insult).

Edited to add spoiler tag to the note

5 Likes

When people ask what happened here, tell them the North remembers. Tell them Winter came for House Fray (sic).

3 Likes

boss lady GIF by NRK P3

game of thrones agree GIF

2 Likes

You’ve got a great first verse for your rap anthem there.

1 Like

it-crowd

8 Likes

That one drives me crazy because it’s edited and not real. If it were real, the I would be in the word AIR.

5 Likes

I see stories like this all the time, most times I click through and there is zero reason for anyone to be upset over an answer.

Remember the good ole days when contestants would shop with their winnings after every round? “I’ll take the pen and pencil set for 800 dollars”

Remember the original host, Chuck Woolery? What happened to him? It didn’t go well when announced he was supporting trump, he even went on Fox to complain how it ruined his career. That hasn’t stopped him, his twitter is complete wackadoodle.

Here’s the shopping thing that used to be. The cue doesn’t seem to work, the shopping is at 5:07

3 Likes

Surprised no one has linked to “that” South Park episode…

1 Like

I know! But let that not get in the way of a good chuckle!

1 Like

4 Likes