Wheel of Fortune contestant goes viral for hilariously inappropriate guess

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/25/wheel-of-fortune-contestant-goes-viral-for-hilariously-inappropriate-guess.html

11 Likes

If that was the answer the other two T’s would already be there.:person_facepalming:

18 Likes

Also, “right” has five letters.

20 Likes

:person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

I did literally just wake up

11 Likes

Could have been worse.

ETA: The correct answer is “Huck, he be in the awe tonight.” It’s a famous line from Mark Twain’s classic Huckleberry Finn.

20 Likes

Not in that round. No one has to guess letters. They just reveal them one at a time at random until someone guesses correctly. Notice that the T in ‘best’ and the T in ‘the’ were revealed at different times. If he’d said “kick in the butt” that would have at least been plausible.

8 Likes

Oh okay I thought all the same letters got flipped at once.

In my defense I hate game shows and never really watched WoF. :grimacing:

Perhaps I should not type about things of which I am nearly totally ignorant… :thinking: especially just upon waking

9 Likes

Could be worse… much worse…

:grimacing:

21 Likes

The famous line from a public domain book that somehow has no hits online? It’s easy to confirm it’s not in it. And how could that be the correct answer when there’s only room for one word between “Huck” and “in”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

@Jesse13927 is kidding. That’s a joke meme where the supposedly real answer was “luck be in the air tonight.” The most obvious giveaways that it’s not real are that

1. The clue is “thing” instead of “phrase”
  2. In an ordinary round the “i” in “air” would be revealed at the same time as the other “i”s
  3. Photoshop I can tell from the pixels etc
13 Likes

That’s right. And I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for these nosy teenagers and their darn dog!

Or if whoever made this meme had just photoshopped out the other two i’s. Drats!

10 Likes

south-park-what-what-in-the-butt

10 Likes

I thought it was the “Luck be in the air tonight.” line from the Pirates of the Caribbean/World Series of Poker movie crossover event.

5 Likes

“Whoa, they teach you that in school in Utah, huh?” - Alex Trebek, after Ken Jennings responded to “this term for a long-handled gardening tool can also mean an immoral pleasure seeker” with the question “What is a hoe?” on Jeopardy.

7 Likes

8380_6a0f

7 Likes

It happened in Italy

from the original betacam tape: so it’s possible that it was all staged

The hint was the amazons
The correct answer was they won battles thanks to their enthusiasm, but the wrong answer was, um, “beaver”

Kudos to mr. Giancarlo.

2 Likes

The woman’s “WHAAT??” makes it even funnier.

2 Likes

Apocryphal, as I was in the other room when it allegedly happened, but a contestant tried to solve the puzzle thusly:

ET takes one to know one

sci-fi et GIF by MANGOTEETH

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.