Here’s what happens when an activist actually tries to bridge a political gap with a can of Pepsi

Fake:

Real:

22 Likes

I am spooked

14 Likes

Yeah, but real is more varied than what one image can show. There are many pictures of people giving things to police.

water

hugs

flowers

rocks

18 Likes

So spoopy. That did me a frighten

16 Likes

Christ, what an asshole. Both of 'em.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Anybody who can’t handle interacting with public has no business whatsoever holding public office. That’s pretty much just begging to be removed and replaced.

7 Likes

“All I ever wanted was a Pepsi”

ST

5 Likes

I’m disappointed that it wasn’t the true Mayor of Portland:

9 Likes

slow down ghandi,
making you think you’re crazy is a billion dollar industry

This society has become alienated to itself.

3 Likes

Check the children…! :flushed:

1 Like

I don’t want to know what she’s thinking she should do with that bottle of Pepsi, but that expression certainly begs the question.

1 Like

Oh get over yourself Mayor Burnside. No one is trying to assassinate you.

5 Likes

I could not care less about the Pepsi commercial and I do love a bit of a social experiment (like the Yes Men, they’re brilliant), butI highly disagree with this particular Portland stunt. His Pepsi move was sudden and scary. He did it way too fast, with a suspense and gesture that could have easily produced a firearm or other weapon instead. He would have even scared the shit out of people with a clean conscience on that mayor seat. I’m surprised that the mayor kept his cool like that in that situation.

Damn Republican sugar water.

1 Like

I live here. I thought he handled it fine. I understand his fear and see the video in context. In what way did he “handle” it wrong, specifically?

2 Likes

I’m not crazy.
You’re the one who’s crazy

2 Likes

Bet that hipster wouldn’t have gotten so salty if it had been a can of Surge