Here we go again! Republicans threaten to revolt against Speaker Mike Johnson, says Crenshaw (video)

Originally published at: Here we go again! Republicans threaten to revolt against Speaker Mike Johnson, says Crenshaw (video) - Boing Boing

4 Likes

Man those people are crazy.

Seriously.

29 Likes

The Republicans only know how to be an opposition party. Rebellion against those in power is the only move they’ve got, even when they’re the ones in power.

27 Likes

It’s unsettling living in a world where Crenshaw is the marginally sensible one.

26 Likes

Right? We’re in the upside-down.

15 Likes

Once again: fascists cannot be appeased.

23 Likes

That’s one of the (many) worst things about the freedom caucus, by comparison they make other extreme far right politicians seem reasonable and moderate (spoiler: they are not) on occasion.

14 Likes

What? The Republicans are revolting! Quelle surprise… :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

GQP gonna GQP

6 Likes

I had Feb 29 “Leap Day” in the “Johnson’s Out” pool.

7 Likes

I remember how people went into Congress because they wanted to govern. That seems like such a distant time now. This current Congress hasn’t been able to do much of anything aside from waste a whole lot of taxpayer money holding impeachment hearings, bullshit investigations, and being incapable of passing any legislation because they refuse to do anything in a bipartisan manner. For the party of so-called fiscal responsibility they sure don’t seem to be doing anything fiscally responsible. All those Hunter Biden investigations, border hearings that only serve to complain without proposing any solutions, and other performative nonsense isn’t free; taxpayers are footing the bill.

If I were a Republican voter I’d be mighty pissed off that my elected representative wasn’t actually doing anything to represent me.

10 Likes

Yeah, but the fact that you expect your representatives to do the work of governing is why you’re not a Republican voter.

(Well, one of the reasons)

14 Likes

The Tories here in Britain have become like that, angry when they get what they want (Brexit) and taking it out on the people who gave it to them.

10 Likes

Gee, it’s almost like people who have a central tenet of “the federal government really shouldn’t do anything” should not be in the federal government.

6 Likes

No, Dan Crenshaw is known for his masturbatory action film of a political ad.

Disapproving of the Freedom Caucus is a thing he did.

2 Likes

Also, I wouldn’t describe Johnson as having “deep Christian faith” exactly.

2 Likes

Just court the seriously stupid… that’s all it takes. (sigh)

Maybe asshole vindictive faith. And that is being generous.

Believing that members of your cult are entitled to rule the world is a kind of faith.

2 Likes

It’s just fascism. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes