Here's a DogPhone so your canine can call you whenever it wants

Originally published at: Here's a DogPhone so your canine can call you whenever it wants | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Great idea until your pup starts a long distance relationship with a Pekinese on the other side of the world.

19 Likes

34 Likes

Good god, just buy your damned dogs a ball or a bone, they don’t give a flying kitty about “smart” toys. What stupidity.

7 Likes

What you did there. I see it! :wink:

4 Likes

Came here to post this, thank you.

3 Likes

note to self: new voicemail greeting

3 Likes

… ninety-five fucking calls a day. “DAD I’M HUNGRY WHEN YOU HOME?” “DAD I’M HUNGRY!!” “DAD!!!”

Nope!

16 Likes

Snl Damn It GIF by Saturday Night Live

You beat me to it! Take a like.

10 Likes

16 Likes

“Smart toys for pets are expected to be a 20 billion dollar industry by 2025.”

Shut the front door! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Get Rowlf to record it for you.

4 Likes

Things could start getting expensive if doggo figures out how to order out for ribs.

5 Likes

We could use more than a little bit more of this design philosophy in the technology they deploy on humans.

2 Likes

Good thing this isn’t a toy then, but rather an experiment in animal–computer interaction.

In fact it is explicitly a comment about exactly your point: that smart toys are convenient for the owner, not the animal.

As long as he orders enough for everyone.

3 Likes

On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog.

3 Likes

3 Likes

on the internet everybody assumes you’re a dog

4 Likes

I want a pet ferret. Do FerretFones exist yet? I once encountered a fellow with pet porcupines. Call for PorkyFones! Don’t even ask about pet Republicans. There goes the rug…