Here's a "Third Eye" that helps keep smartphone zombies alive

Originally published at: Here's a "Third Eye" that helps keep smartphone zombies alive | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Paeng plans to develop a camera module for the Third Eye and a linked mobile phone application

That part makes a lot more sense. You’re already looking at a screen. Just have a camera view as picture-in-picture.

Maybe even a 360° camera and suddenly you’re more situationally aware than the average person rather than less.

6 Likes

Davros would approve.

12 Likes

My initial thought exactly. But I guess this is more of a social commentary than practical product.

5 Likes

Can I get a fourth eye to keep my iphone unlocked when I am looking through my third eye?

1 Like

Um, no, and possible poke you in the third eye too.

Paeng plans to develop a camera module for the Third Eye and a linked mobile phone application

Clearly this needs to be a social networking app, so users can stay up-to-date with what their friends are walking into.

10 Likes

Mandatory for cops.

3 Likes

There should be an app that delivers a shock through your phone if it senses you walking in traffic while staring at your phone.

julie GIF

5 Likes

(announcer voice) “Society doing something stupid? People getting hurt because they’re dipshits? Well have we got a product for you! Now you can continue to do the absolutely ridiculous crap you want and the new Third Eye will keep you safe from harm! No need to modify your behave and become more aware of your surroundings, the Third Eye will take care of that for you!”

Put your phones away. (old man cepheus42 shakes fist at clouds)

5 Likes

The inventor says so himself in the video.

2 Likes

Specifically designed for close encounters of the Third Eye kind.

Nick Danger and the Smartphone Zombies!

4 Likes
2 Likes

ANNOUNCER: Out of the fog, into the smog… towards his weekly meeting with… the unknown. At 4th and Drucker he turns left, at Drucker and 4th he turns right, he crosses MacArthur Park and walks into a great sandstone building. (smack)

NICK: Ow, my nose!

Wait, Nick Danger had a smartphone?

6 Likes

I really could not care much less about smartphone zombies who walk into buildings or fall into potholes. Let them learn by experience.

I am really concerned about smartphone zombies behind the wheel. That’s who can kill me or my loved ones, and this gadget won’t do anything about that.

2 Likes

I mean, the camera’s a great art piece, but we’ve been at vibrational alerts to protect pedestrians in safety contexts for a bit.
I got to help with this one, a bit, and even got a citation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.