Here's a video montage of Gordon Ramsey being served execrable seafood dishes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/11/heres-a-video-montage-of-gor.html

1 Like

Gordon Ramsey is a chef in name only, and at that I’m being kind.

7 Likes

Him turning away anything for being too salty is laughable, enter the salt-burger:

4 Likes

I think I understand why you say that: is it because he’s so TV-focused now? However, Ramsay has been awarded 16 Michelin stars. Only two people have earned more than he has, as far as I can tell. If that doesn’t make him a legitimate chef, I honestly do not know what could.

15 Likes

That really doesn’t matter. What matters is, he is charming.

1 Like

Have you ever eaten at one of his restaurants or his food?

because I have. the guy is a chef.

6 Likes

He’s made his fortune on the “asshole chef” trope. Fuck him!

3 Likes

Have you seen Ramsey talking to kids? He’s like an entirely different man! Friendly, soft-spoken, and genuinely encouraging. It’s quite startling, when you’ve seen how he can talk to adult people, but it’s also really heartwarming. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m not saying he IS a dickhead (I have no way of knowing), I’m saying he made his vast sums acting like one.

Which is worse?

4 Likes

“When you take a bite of that cod it’s almost like you’ve got a breaded condom in your mouth.”

If he has reviewed that restaurant before, it might actually be.

6 Likes

There is in no way too much salt on that burger. Season your meat, people.

3 Likes

You mean reality TV is fake? I need to sit down. Well, at least I still have wrestling.

15 Likes

A propane grill? Sure, if you want food that tastes no better than a restaurant.

Edit: Also, if that’s olive oil he’s pouring on things, that doesn’t add a very good flavor when it drips and burns.

I guess you don’t know the story, so I’ll get you up to speed.

Papasan used to own a restaurant and it was once reviewed badly by Mr. Ramsey.

It’s a grudge he holds to this day.

10 Likes

Although I have only seen tiny snippets, what I have seen suggests the nasty asshole is very much kayfabe, that even the targets of his ire know what is coming. Which just makes the show all the less interesting.

2 Likes

Man, the chef in the red smock looked visibly intoxicated.

1 Like

Acting like one for profit is worse, IMO; as it ‘normalizes’ uncivilized asshole behavior and rewards it, thereby encouraging others to be assholes needlessly.

12 Likes

This. Michelin would take away his stars in a heartbeat otherwise. Once of the reasons people put up with Ramsay is that, yes, he’s a dick, but he has the skills to back it up.

7 Likes

"Now with extra likes!"

3 Likes

Is he, though? Or does he “just play one on tv?”

Trick question; it doesn’t actually matter.

Like the Vonnegut quote I posted above asserts, ‘pretending’ all too often ends up ‘being’.

5 Likes