Here's an emotional support animal you can take on a plane (because it's an AI-powered Tribble)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/12/heres-an-emotional-support-animal-you-can-take-on-a-plane-because-its-an-ai-powered-tribble.html

1 Like

How easy is it to clean? Asking for a friend.

7 Likes

Do you suppose I can bring my emotional support Corgi Giraffe onboard?

6 Likes

Sounds like a newer, more expensive version of a Furby

9 Likes

And since it must be app/internet actuated you’ll be sent adverts for anti-depression drugs if you interact with it according to a number of Bayesian network established patterns (Brave New World SOMA app™)

6 Likes

It doesn’t seem to talk, though, so it’s already about a billion percent better than a Furby.

Just don’t skin it…

8 Likes

Call me a crusty old fossil (go ahead, do it!) but I think this should be outlawed, burned, the remains crushed and recycled in an environmentaly friendly way.

Get a hamster.

5 Likes

16 secs in and all I can imagine is that thing displaying a huge mouthful of “Critter” like teeth before eating the person’s face off. But that’s just me.

10 Likes

The first one is $400. But that amortizes pretty quickly once it births a few generations. You could possibly make a lot of money quickly if you could turn it around and sell the progeny, just have to pick your moment to skip town.

…when “grey fur” becomes “grey goo”…

7 Likes

I think I’d rather still have one of those old Pleo dinasours from Ugobe:

For the Moflin’s sake though, I hope it doesn’t have any way to simulate discomfort or pain, and won’t star in any disturbing videos as the poor screaming Pleo did.

The above link isn’t to one of the robot snuff videos, just in case anyone one was worried!

Just Discovered they’re still making these and they are now on to a more sophisticated 2nd generation. Not affiliated nor a customer, just intrigued!
PLEOworld

4 Likes

$400? Sweet Jebus. How long until some clever kid has a good enough version out for $40?

4 Likes

Space Family Stone, Robert Heinlein.

5 Likes

For 400$ the thing better take out the trash and do my dishes too.

4 Likes

I think the TSA would more likely suspect a weapon being smuggled on board via the innards of a Tribble thingy than via the innards of a hamster. A live hamster, that is.

4 Likes

AI-powered