Here's Eddie Vedder's incredible isolated vocals from Pearl Jam's 1992 MTV Unplugged performance

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/11/heres-eddie-vedders-incredible-isolated-vocals-from-pearl-jams-1992-mtv-unplugged-performance.html

6 Likes

Janeane Garafalo shaking her head disapprovingly…

“Oh, Whitney!”

1 Like

Oh, cool. So after listening to that one Weird Al song for nearly 3 decades, I finally know who Eddie Vedder is!

3 Likes

Here’s the same thing but with Slash, cool stuff. Rare vocals from him.

1 Like

Fun fact: for a few years I thought the words were “He’s her very favorite soccer multimillionaire.”

3 Likes

I still remember the first time I heard Pearl Jam. I was in high school and a friend of mine was listening to “Ten” on their Walkman. He said to me “You gotta hear this” and put his headphones on me. Having grown up made to listen to oldies, 80s pop and more Yanni than any kid should ever be subjected to, hearing Pearl Jam for the first time was like someone showing me the sun when all I’d ever known was the moon.

I credit Pearl Jam and their political and social responsibilities for influencing in a major way who I am and how I run my life today. Their music saved me from a life of conservative and corporate drudgery, and on more than a few occasions comforted me in the darkness of life’s tribulations.

Thirty years on, I’m heavily involved in my community and in it for the greater good because of my interpretations of the messages I found in Pearl Jam’s music. To sum it up, the music taught me to be grateful and selfless. It’s been an incredible ride.

13 Likes

You guys know anything from 30 years ago is “dad rock” by definition, right?

Go earlier or go later maybe

3 Likes

I believe that Slash was a huge influence on Jack White and you can clearly hear it here. The magic of the sound mixer distorts the real sound at the gig.

Worked on a gig with KISS and the following clip is what I was hearing on a send before the main mix… incredible and amazing, Both the musicianship and the artistry of the sound engineers to give it that little extra kick for the live audience:

Yanni’s drummer, Charlie Adams was my producer.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m old enough that I don’t care what other people think of my music tastes.

2 Likes

New link

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.