Here's how to eat slimy woodworms from the Philippines

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/20/heres-how-to-eat-slimy-woodw.html

1 Like

Um, oysters are slightly sweet oysters.

3 Likes

giphy

11 Likes

They’re molluscs. This is like a clam you don’t have to shuck.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Apart from busting open a log with an axe. At least we can still jive.

6 Likes

That’s… a challenging sight. I don’t think that’s high on my “Gotta try” list.

1 Like

I mean. I’d eat it before Balut.

5 Likes

Oh the poor things, their didn’t choose to be tasty. Natural selection tried to make them repulsive.

3 Likes

Incidentally, say what you will about ST: DS9, but they really nailed the direction hipster foodies would go…

2 Likes

So in parts of Asia they eat tarantulas. We live in this world.

2 Likes

Can we please go back to where every other post was about Trump?

It was gross, but not as gross as this.

5 Likes

I dunno, with pasta, garlic and oil, I bet they’re delicious!

4 Likes

HAHA, just about anything with pasta, garilc and oil sounds delicious! Or maybe Im just hungry…

3 Likes

This /\

I ate a raw snail in Japan once. It was OK.

I’d rather eat this than leftover chicken gizzards, which have ended up in my fridge a few times. You really gotta eat those fresh.

…How about chicken gizzards?

1 Like

Nope… cant do innards lol… Ive been spoiled by large scale farming too much. Im sure there is an organ out there, that when cooked a certain way, I would find delicious. Ill just never know what it is.

I have a friend who refers to all shelled seafood as sea-bugs; shrimp, lobster, crab… yum.

3 Likes

It’s just better when you don’t know. There does seem to be some sort of code at Asian resto’s, but honestly, you’re better off not knowing. The idea of it ruins the reality. Once you get past the idea that regardless of organ, the extra chewy connective tissue is really just extra protein, it’s fine. Especially if you work out a bunch, even for carb-heavy regimes like running the recommended protein intake is kinda nuts. (Pun not intended)

I don’t order lower intestine knowingly, though. Eating butt organ I draw the line at.

yes-mom-spread-that-shit-spread-it_o_865748

2 Likes