Here's how you can win $10,000 in cryptocurrency and more with this giveaway

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/26/heres-how-you-can-win-10000-in-cryptocurrency-and-more-with-this-giveaway.html

Oh yikes.

10 Likes

Ooh ooh where do I enter my social insurance number, credit card number, dob, mother’s maiden name and current address?

11 Likes

This is truly a new low for Boing Boing’s advertising feed, and the bar was already really low.

16 Likes

Now, either the Playing for Change Foundation received a bitcoin donation, which it is trying to maximize rather than simply sell and use for intended purposes; or it risked donors’ money by buying into a pyramid/ponzi scheme, hoping piggy back on suckers’ greed. The first is pretty dubious for a charity of good repute; the latter is downright unethical and possibly illegal. Which is it I wonder?

2 Likes

Wow - just wow! You actually went there. You couldn’t get more snake oil if you squeezed an actual snake.

Next week, ‘New in the BoingBoing Store - Amway and Herbalife - together at last!’

4 Likes

Well, Coinbase is an exchange - a company in the business of buying and selling crypto. So they donated the $10,000 as a tax write off, with all proceeds going to Playing for Change.

Regardless, given the anti-bitcoin posts, sentiment, and overall lack of interest on here; this is hilarious.

Pretty sure this marks my end here.

2 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! Would you say you are “disappointed in BoingBoing”?

3 Likes

Honestly, though, coinbase is a terrible company. Just google for “coinbase black lives matter”. I’m definitely not entering this raffle.

1 Like

I agree that Coinbase is a terrible company, and I wasn’t defending them. Just explaining how a charity was probably not buying Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Not disappointed in BB, it hasn’t owed me anything. 2/7 first comments started with “Ooh! Ooh!” what are the odds?

Just checked, you only joined in 2020. I was only responding to your final sentence.

Kids these days.

1 Like

Ooh! Ooh! Ok, Boomer

tenor

6 Likes

My apologies in advance, I’m drunk, again.

MS8q

4 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible, but they’ve hit rock-bottom, then started digging.

2 Likes

Oy vey.

2 Likes

Ooh, 10k worth of galleons, sickles and knuts. Nice.

2 Likes

I assume that the boing-boing store is a social experiment or a Dadaist art installation.

3 Likes

SMH – I am now officially never going to buy anything I see suggested in the BB Store :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.