Here's Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell's explainer video about COVID-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/20/heres-kurzgesagt-in-a-nu.html

4 Likes

Accessible, concise, and entertaining, as always :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

I have a small point of worry with the depicted curves of case numbers. Either way this will likely not be one bump, but several. And in between the first two highs, I very much urge everyone not to think we are on a downward slope and this is going to end now.

Just stay cautious.

4 Likes

Yeah, just not very accurate, that’s the problem, as it’s often the case with Kurzgesagt.

“A slow pandemic will not be remembered by the history books” is just one example. And they conveniently missed the bit where we bring the world economy down while quarantine may last for a 6-18 months, which is not “a really small price to pay”.

Also the bit about the immune reaction is really oversimplified, and if I remember correctly the cytokine storm they are hinting at is assumed by one descriptive study, but not yet proven to exist.

Who’s funding Kurzgesagt? Looks like a pretty expensive project.
Are the videos the main thing they do or is it just that the Youtube channel is the part that is most visible to non-German speakers?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.