Here's the 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' official Teaser Trailer

Did someone say, “Rob Liefield” three times?

12 Likes

Nooooooo, you fools!
You have summoned Captain Manboob-merica!!!
About the trailer, DC continiues its trend to be all grimderp in their movies while the Marvel ones are just good fun to watch.

5 Likes

Will go just for Neil Degrasse Tyson cameo.

5 Likes

Goodness gracious me…

Yes, i have a copy of The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Returns graphic novels. My point is that it seems to be overly dark and dramatic for the sake of it, however i’m not shitting on the trailer like some might be. I thought it was ok given how little of the movie we know so far, i’m just wishing the tone of it would ease up.

1 Like

Well I kind of like the gritty darkiness, but that’s not what melodrama means.

Also, holy hell, would it be wrong to cook and eat Captain America? Because he looks just like the biggest freshly plucked turkey ever.

4 Likes

Kenneth Branagh did a superhero film, why not Todd Haynes?

2 Likes

Batman with a sniper rifle? Gah.

2 Likes

Did Dostoyevski’s Grand Inquisitor get any writing credit?

1 Like

Don’t forget the weird squinty starburst eyes on random characters.

1 Like

Sometimes terrible is better than mediocre. You take the worst modern movie version of Batman–Joel Schumacher’s–and you can at least appreciate it for being Schumacher’s very singular vision of Batman, as wrongheaded as it turned out to be. Similarly, Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns was sincere if nothing else. This thing, though, and Man of Steel, both seem like Warner Bros. executives calling the DC editors on the carpet and yelling, “Marvel is making crazy bank with their properties. We used to make really popular movies with ours. What the fuck, people?” (And I’m still not convinced that DC really has a plan, as there are apparently going to be separate TV and movie versions of some of the characters at the same time. Good luck with that, DC.)

1 Like

Seriously, how can an artist turn in a piece of work like that? It’s laughably stupid looking. Or was that what he was aiming for? I don’t get it.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here.

5 Likes

“My face is up here, buddy! Get your eyes off my Bat-nipples!”

“See you can’t stop yourself, can you? They are hypnotic…”

The Star Wars trailer was just as melodramatic, if not more so! I am equally excited about both. It’s a superhero movie and a space opera. Are they NOT supposed to be melodramatic?

1 Like

The Daredevil plot revolves entirely around the damage that all the Superheros have done on New Yorks’ Hells Kitchen. It’s great.

1 Like

Did anyone actually enjoy Man of Steel? It wasn’t the worst superhero movie I’ve seen but to me it felt like a rather joyless rehashing of plot elements from other more popular movies in the genre. One of the most obvious examples being how Clark Kent stole Wolverine’s shtick as the “tortured loner working odd jobs across Canada while trying to avoid getting into bar fights which could expose his super-invulnerability.”

That, and how everyone in the movie was a complete moron. Especially the Kryptonians. To wit:

• KRYPTONIAN GOVERNMENT: We only have a short time before our planet explodes, ending our race forever! True, we have a bunch of interstellar spaceships and terraforming technology. Let’s use those things to banish a bunch of genocidal criminals into space so they won’t die with the rest of us! That’ll learn 'em.
  • EVIL KRYPTONIANS: After years of searching we’ve finally found a habitable planet that is actually much nicer than Krypton! On this planet we could not only survive but rule as god-like beings. Let’s use our technology to wipe out the existing population and make it just like our old planet where we didn’t have any powers.
  • ZOD: What have you done to me??
    SUPERMAN: I ripped off your face mask! Now YOU have super powers! Let’s see you try to defeat me now that you have super strength, the power of flight and the ability to shoot lasers out of your face, loser!
    ZOD: Nooooo! Anything but that!

The only plot change that I actually appreciated was that Lois Lane wasn’t dumb enough to fall for the “he’s wearing glasses so he couldn’t possibly be the same guy you were just making out with five minutes ago” trick.

4 Likes

But it was still basically just a remake of the original Superman movie, even though it was supposedly a sequel.

Lex Luthor has an evil plot to become really rich and powerful by reshaping entire coastlines. Only the untimely appearance of Superman (who recently made headlines by rescuing a disabled jet) can threaten the plan that Luthor has been setting in place for years. But wait! Just as the final steps of the plan are put into place Luthor has rendered Superman powerless with Kryptonite and left him to drown!

Will Luthor’s assistant-slash-girlfriend grow a conscience in time to save millions of lives??

Will Superman recover just in time to stop the destruction by tunneling underground to lift a whole section of the Earth’s crust with his limitless strength?

Is Lois Lane still remarkably clueless about her surroundings?

Does any of this seem familiar?

I suspect it’s a homage to, a riff on, or a direct rip-off of a very similar scene in The Dark Knight Returns. In which case –

++ POSSIBLE SPOILER ++

– that rifle probably doesn’t fire bullets.

Well, sure, and that’s the problem with Singer’s film: it’s basically maybe one of the most expensive fan films ever made. It’s like someone doing a shot-by-shot remake of Psycho.

1 Like