Here's the new trailer for Alien: Romulus (video)

And it was really a great film. I can’t believe Prometheus was by the same person. :confused:

1 Like

Sorry, what film? Never heard of it.

[pushes fingers into ears, sings loudly, LALALLALALA]

2 Likes

A further reminder that flaky behavior in sci-fi flicks usually leads to grievous injury and death.

1 Like

I’ve probably mentioned it more than once before, but the trailer for the original Alien is possibly my favorite of any movie ever. It perfectly conveys the mood of the film and is terrifying and intriguing without a single line of dialog or a single shot of the actual alien.

9 Likes

Watching Memory: The Origins of Alien, added new dimensions to my appreciation of the Alien movies. It ties together with the Jodorosky/Dune/Star Wars affair and deep-dives into Dan O’Bannon’s process and experiences that informed the conception of the xenomorphs as well as Gigers early informative visions.

One that most likely would have been great had it been made - (would have been #3) was the script that William Gibson wrote. There’s a graphic novel at least. It explores the economic and labor structures of that universe with some interesting twists.

3 Likes

Ridley Scott’s background is apparently set design. Give him a working script and you will get a great movie that captures the mood perfectly. Give him trash and you will get good-looking trash.

9 Likes

i never really noticed before how the scene with everyone getting out of the cryopods matches with the alien egg cracking open. nice.

2 Likes

Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

2 Likes

… “Alien: Resurrection” is probably the best movie that could have been made starting with the premise “bring Ripley back from the dead”

There must be 100 standard reasons not to bring characters back to life that they teach in writers’ workshops, but if that’s what 20th Century Fox wanted, then somebody was going to take the money, for better or worse :unamused:

5 Likes

I liked a lot of the individual elements of the movie anyway. Like “Ron Perlman is a Space Pirate” and “in the future, interstallar spaceships will be stocked with fresh citrus but whiskey will be stored as chemically stabilized, plastic-sealed cubes that you liquify with a special whiskey laser.”

6 Likes

and give him dan o’bannon never leave his side while filming and its even better.

1 Like

I just generally wanted to see Amber Midthunder churn out two or three more Predator movies instead, but I’ll take it! It does walk-and-talk a lot like the other Alien titles, though. So much so, that you’d think every space station and starship in the galaxy would have a big, yellow, triangle-shaped ‘alien crossing’ sign riveted to the hull by now. So I guess I can still just completely skip over the 1st 45 minutes of procedural plot development to the part where the Alien finally shows up to curbstomp everyone. Again. Cos’ I definitely don’t need to see another lengthy recreation of that things’ ridiculously long and overcomplicated spawning process or watch another bunch of space rejects gather in the medbay to say junk like, “We’re running a bioscan on her! She seems to be going through some! kind? of!..process. So we’ll lock her in a flimsy plexiglass room and never, ever check up on her until all the alarms go off and 3/4 of the crew is missing”.

6 Likes

The budget for lighting must have been what, three dollars?

I am old and grumpy, but when I went to see “Furiosa,” I saw the trailer for this and said, “Why?” But then I saw the trailer for the remake of “The Crow,” and it looked so much worse. Then I saw the trailer for the “Beetlejuice” sequel, which seems to be made up of as much of 50% of the original movie–and if the trailer is to believed, it pretty much includes clips lifted directly from the original–except Wynona Ryder has a rebellious teen daughter played by Jenna Ortega. Because now all things that had any slightly, sorta goth connection in it will be remade/rebooted with Jenna Ortega. Don’t let them typecast you, Jenna!

2 Likes

Why do you hate Batman?

2 Likes

Fail Spider-Man GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.