Here's the Piers Morgan vs. Kermit the Frog fashion showdown you never knew you needed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/02/heres-the-piers-morgan-vs-kermit-the-frog-fashion-showdown-you-never-knew-you-needed.html

I was invested until this bit

Follow him on X/twitter

Nope. I’d rather remain a fashion reject.

10 Likes

I did - but I guess I pissed him off and he blocked me when I pushed back on the idea of buying shoes you can have soles replaced and will last decades, making it affordable to have some really nice, well made shoes.

I said something about that being a good idea if you can afford it, but too many people are buying $20 payless shoes and using duct tape to get through through a year. :confused:

In general, his advice isn’t bad for middle to upper middle class people wanting to dress nice on a budget - not bespoke, but nice. But for anyone under that, the reality of the world is cheaply made stuff that wears out faster because its all they can afford. :confused:

1 Like

I don’t know what your charity shop situation is, but regularly popping into those that abound in my local high street is definitely worthwhile. I do regular sweeps looking for frames and have picked up coats and boots.

3 Likes

I would not compare well to Kermit either, so I’m keeping my laughter rueful.

2 Likes

Well yeah, definitely, that is a great option. It really depends where you live. Like the goods around where I live now are significantly better than when I lived in Independence, MO.

Also, Ross or Marshalls or similar place is a decent place to find better made clothes for less - but you are at the mercy of the sizes they have that didn’t sell last year.

3 Likes

booooo that is disappointing :confused:

2 Likes

I dunno… advocating heading to Twitter for fashion advice at this point feels a bit like admiring Hugo Boss’s work on the SS uniforms.

3 Likes

General rule of thumb:
People who get along with Muppets are awesome human beings
People who get along with Piers Morgan are not.

Kermit got dance lessons from Gene Kelly!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.