Here's what happens when you touch a wild monkey

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/30/heres-what-happens-when-you-7.html

7 Likes

Monkey will fuck-you-up.

23 Likes

Video didn’t embed. :slightly_frowning_face:

edit: now it’s working

1 Like

AIDS 2: Electric Boogaloo.

/I’ll show myself out.

6 Likes

Monkey touch, monkey touch

5 Likes

When you touch a wild animal while they’re eating, they’re probably going to assume that you’re after their food.

40 Likes

She’s lucky she kept her face.

10 Likes

I was expecting Sprockets.

XSe58AU

42 Likes

Chimps are very different animals.

5 Likes

Looks like that could be at Iguacu Falls. Good thing she didn’t try to pet a coati - they’re way meaner than the monkeys.

4 Likes

That’s the problem with this generation: no one ever showed them the educational films that could warn them.

10 Likes

:musical_note: Hey, hey, we’re the Monkees
And people say we monkey around
But if they get up in our business
We’ll take those motherfuckers down :musical_note:

46 Likes

Monkey was justifiably annoyed at the vertical format recording…

33 Likes

Hard to tell, but I’m guessing Japan and a japanese macaque.

3 Likes

Honestly that was my first thought, too. Though since it was a smaller, less powerful monkey, her face would have only been somewhat mangled at worst.

3 Likes

So pretty much nothing of consequence, as per the video.

6 Likes

I knew where his was headed and I am disappointed there was not human blood spilt.

That monkey is way too forgiving.

4 Likes

If large primates could just find a reasonable way to touch other large primates, small primates could eat their lunch in peace.

6 Likes

If you are going to touch a wild animal (don’t), don’t do it while they are eating (or ever), and don’t sneak up on it. I mean have you ever interacted with an animal? Show your hand. Let it sniff you. See how they react. If they back away don’t engage further. But don’t ever sneak up on an animal. That’s just another level of not smart.

14 Likes

6 Likes