Here's what happens when you touch a wild monkey

Man, I think the nun was the real threat in your scenario. She didn’t have that broom handy to sweep floors…

1 Like

You know you wanna say it. Minky.

6 Likes

That doesn’t sound nun-like at all!

Oh.

12 Likes

I mean, don’t get me wrong - it’ll still fuck you up. Given enough time, it’ll take your face off. It just won’t do it in a single action like a chimp could.

3 Likes

I’m guessing China based on the cross-chatter.

I was going to post The Bad Touch video, but I think I’m off that. Nice tune, but the video doesn’t age well.

I guess the result could have been worse.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Florida Man and geographically unspecified ‘gentleman’ are both practically genres around here; and generally not on the strength of their good looks or charm.

3 Likes

Sadly Mt Popa has been over-run by hoards of monkeys looking for tourist handouts. I’m pretty sure the nun used the broom for 50% of her work. I watched younger monks shoot some monkeys with a slingshot at the base - using walnuts or something. Perhaps not the most Buddhist thing to do.

https://www.thewholeworldisaplayground.com/visiting-mount-popa-myanmar-bagan/

2 Likes

A lot of animals will lash out at you if you touch them unexpectedly from behind, humans included. At least from the front they have a chance to move away or give you a warning. It’s kind of sad that this lady reached adulthood without the knowledge that wild animals aren’t cuddly pals for you to play with- she would have had to have grown up spending almost no time studying them or spending time outside, yet she’s clearly enamored with the monkey and curious about it. Use this experience to turn a new leaf and become a conservation biologist or something, lady!

3 Likes
7 Likes

me no big tits :relieved:

edited for frame tent

2 Likes

If they bite they are not friendly, but you have only lost a hand.

6 Likes

I’m giving her the benefit of doubt and assume that she was egged on by whoever shot the video.
“Go on, go on, pet the monkey… what are you, chicken? Go on, it’ll look cool!”
Never trust anyone with VVS.

1 Like

In [insert countty/location] monkey spanks you!

5 Likes

Obligatory

3 Likes

Which one is more evolved?

She probably had just taken a selfie at a nearby temple.

There’s a book called “No Touch Monkey (and other travel lessons learned too late)”.

I notice that the young lady hesitates twice, as if she knows it’s a bad idea, then goes ahead and does it anyway. In conclusion:

1. If it feels like a bad idea, it probably is.
  2. Don’t mess with wild animals.
  3. Monkeys will fuck your shit up.

Bonus lesson, not illustrated here: don’t smile at monkeys and apes. Humans are possibly the only primate that interprets an open-mouthed smile as friendly; to all the others, baring your teeth is a challenge, and it is not one that your average self-respecting primate will let pass.

2 Likes

Evolution isn’t hierarchical tho.