He's dead, Jim. He's dead, Jim. He's dead, Jim. He's dead, Jim. etc

Originally published at: He's dead, Jim. He's dead, Jim. He's dead, Jim. He's dead, Jim. etc. | Boing Boing

15 Likes

20 Likes
16 Likes

images-1

23 Likes

that can’t possibly be the first time a super-cut of “He’s Dead Jim” has been made…

3 Likes

Honestly, these ‘supercuts’ would be so much better if they cut out all the context, and tightly edited strictly to the words “He’s dead, Jim” or “I’m a doctor not a [bricklayer]”.

6 Likes

Came for this, and now I can get back to work well pleased with fond memories of Doctor Demento.

5 Likes

Huh. That’s an animated gif on my phone. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I had that on a Dr. Demento album back in the day! Good times, man!

6 Likes

I love that one but sort of prefer the other Star Trek parody the good Doctor used to play:

3 Likes

The NY Post when DeForest Kelley died:

4 Likes

Perhaps this s more to your taste? (Mine too.)

13 Likes

Ah! It cut off at my favorite joke with the malfunctioning elevator!

CAPT. JERK: Elevator, transporter room.

ELEVATOR: I’m fine, how are you?

CAPT. JERK: No, elevator- transporter room.

CAPT. JERK: ELEVATOR, I SAID TRANSPORTER ROOM!

CAPT JERK: Oh, forget it!

6 Likes

I’m surprised there are not more Red Shirts involved.

2 Likes

According to Memory Alpha, "DeForest Kelley refused to say the line after Spock’s sacrifice in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. He felt that it would make the audience laugh, which was inappropriate for such a serious scene.

If that’s true then he has more awareness than the director, the entire crew, and the writers. He’s completely right.

5 Likes

I always liked the Red Dwarf variant: They're Dead, Dave - Red Dwarf - BBC - YouTube

1 Like

Oh! Yes!

I found the complete version!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.