Hey, kids! Let's play White Terrorism Bingo

Maybe that’s a key to where the card came from. In the US we’ve had enough of this crap for isolated incident to sound hollow.

2 Likes

Depends what one’s goals are, I suppose. The binary has never impressed me as being very functional.

Define functional.

6 Likes

I can see a pattern. Old white guys with beards..

(more info here)

1 Like

Partisanship does not seem to accurately describe real-world relationships.

1 Like

You guys allow possibility of parole for premeditated murderers? How progressive. I mean, I’m not sure one way or the other if I agree. But it does seem more humane if your prison system has even a cursory focus on reform and rehabilitation, rather than a 100% focus on stroking revenge boners like the American system.

2 Likes

Haven’t you heard of facilities management? Big business keeping people in boxes.

2 Likes

It is pretty strange and reclusive.

1 Like

Fighting fire with fire? :wink:

14 Likes

I’d say it’s more complicated. A god cannot do anything, otherwise we’d have empirical evidence of a god that can be re-tested and shown to reliably work. But a religion does plenty, just like any other ideology. The christian religion makes people kill those who work at abortion clinics, and subject their children to unnecessary dick chopping. The muslim religion makes people whip apostates to death and throw acid on women who don’t conform. The hindu religion makes people treat the poor as worthless shit piled up in the street. Ideas create action.

8 Likes

Aaaaiiiiieeee! He smoulders!

2 Likes

Robert Lewis Dear wasn’t religous. In fact, he is a “Transgendered Leftist Activist” according to Ted Cruz. Put that in your free space.

2 Likes

That’s a fucking sick joke. Makes me wish there actually were a hell.

I realize that I could be misinterpreted. I meant it’s a sick joke that the politicians are immediately trying to demonize transgender people as a dogwhistle here. It’s sick that they’re making such craven political hay out of a tradgedy and using the opportunity to vilify a relatively vulnerable and historically mistreated community.

Like how the nazis did. Pretty much exactly like that, really. Can’t they see what they’re doing?

4 Likes

I need to know what kind of stranger before I can start making assumptions about your true motive.

Oh, I think Cruz’s remarks call for a whole new bingo game: where will the current lineup of Republican presidential candidates and party leaders place the blame?

I guess the free space will be “Family Values” since all the spaces will be some variation on that theme with blame being placed on:

-Transgender people
-Same-sex marriage
-LGBT rights activists
-Single mothers
-Divorce

I could go on by saying the line between satire and reality is way too thin here, but Cruz’s remarks already wiped out the line.

6 Likes

Then you should profusely apologize to them.

Wait, where am I?

3 Likes

Wait a second…

Edit

I’m thinking Dick Dale style surf rock?

6 Likes

Agreed, acknowledging it using a label of “Terror” actually lends to whatever fucked up narrative or belief that person (or persons) are trying to achieve.

With Jihadists (another shit term) its to spread the fear of islam, with this guy its to spread the acceptance of the “war on christianity” mixed in with “baby parts are bad m’kay, so no reproductive freedoms for you!”. These are sort of like product brands that the media loves to package up with corporate islam or nutter logos and narrative (spawning things the chart Cory posted when the interwebs notice the irony of whats going on).

Its how one addresses the brand, i.e. how do you defuse Terror, inc. The solution is to use common names such as murderer, or my favorite, just call them Assholes… It worked for Penn and Teller when they did the Bullshit! series.

However you still are left with a media industry that is making money from sensationalizing the news.

Canada?

2 Likes

Pfffffffttttttttty!!!

Did I accidently teleport, again?

3 Likes