Hey new cannabis users and microdosers: Pax's app stops you from getting too high

Only time I ever get “too high” is when I’ve not been smoking for a bit, then go back to it and jump right in.

Simple solution to that problem… :wink:

Edit: I am SO bookmarking that “when too high” video! LOL

I don’t mind it but its annoying to partake and see others feeling the effects relatively quickly, meanwhile i have to compensate by toking up further to feel a very mild buzz. Cue an hour later and i’m in space. Makes dosing appropriately difficult at times, but then again i can’t really take it because my work does drug testing.

1 Like

“Too high” was that time in the Berkeley Co-ops when a nonsmoker housemate of mine didn’t believe me about the potency of my homemade cookies… and while I wasn’t around, he ate six of them. Then, he crashed in my room, where he spent the rest of the night alternating between drooling uncontrollably and trying to hump my leg.

O_o

Regardless, I still watched over him because I wasn’t sure if it’s possible to OD on edibles. I was just glad that we didn’t end up having to take him to the ER; he was gurping that badly.

We put explicit warning labels on all special baked goods in the house after that…

7 Likes

Good line for a song, thanks…

3 Likes

I’d like to hear that song when it’s done…

3 Likes

4 Likes

(with apologies for not being the requested songwriter…)

Don’t Bogart those cookies, my friend
Pass them over to me
Don’t Bogart those cookies, my friend
Pass them over to me

Don’t eat another one
Just like the other one
Cookies are best, no coughing up phlegm
But good lord don’t eat six of them

3 Likes

You can "OD"on pot. Basically every day that I work, someone is in my ER for being too high to walk/talk/drive/dance/function/breath/etc. Most often they have mixed in other drugs, but this is an every day occurance here in CO. Of course, so is “too drunk to…”, and the people who are high are a good bit easier to deal with (usually).

Dragonfrog is correct about the water thing. Actue Hyponatremia (water overdose) is real, but takes effort.

It won’t just be a weaker version of the original weed, though. Vaping will extract more of the most volatile constituents (e.g. THC), and leave more of the less volatile (e.g. CBD, CBN).

If you consume enough to have any effect from the residual THC, you’re likely to experience more of the effects of the other less volatile psychoactive components.

Can we have one of those videos for regular life now please?

What is that… I don’t even…

hiddleston-okay

2 Likes

It’s funnier without context. But original source is Ethan from H3H3 Productions making a parody video of vapers, and its taken a life of its own as a meme over the years

2 Likes

Bit of advice needed from those of you who indulge.

I’m allergic. I was exposed by a stoner uncle & aunt when I was very small, during a period of high stress; my immune system has not been kind. I have developed some mild other allergy related asthmas as I’ve aged, but I’m moderately allergic to hops plants (hives if I touch the plants; I don’t drink most beers and always skip IPAs) and severely allergic to hemp and cannabis s, i and r. Physical contact with any of the plants brings on hives; ingestion would probably kill me; second hand smoke causes asthma attacks.

I live in a legalization state, and I’m pro-legalization, because NOW I have an official dx of cannabis allergy, have an epi-pen, inhaler, nebulizer, and they’re covered by insurance.

I live in townhouses with 20 foot wide front yards. My neighbor has become a smoke hound since spring (he didn’t do this last summer), and has the legal limit of plants. He seems to wait to come outside to smoke until I come out to water my plants, then he blazes big and skunky. Which drives me inside. I don’t have time to tell him he’s making me sick; I just have to flee. (Epi’s are expensive. I’m not wasting one, and an ER visit, on him.) So I will have to do the note method of communication, and I don’t want to be passive-aggressive when I ask him to please switch over to vapes or edibles. Our HVAC systems are not connected, thank ghu.

Is there a piece of hardware - a vaporizer or epen - that limits second-hand exposure? I’d like to give him that as a gift in the note explaining why I really need him to stop channeling his inner Randy of the Redwoods every fucking night.

1 Like

Oh, thank god, cause if that was in earnest… well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.