Eating this 850-pound pot brownie would be like smoking 222 fat joints

Originally published at: Eating this 850-pound pot brownie would be like smoking 222 fat joints | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Or, for all of us with the same constitution as Maureen Dowd, many, many thousands of bad trips. (How do people… do… edibles?)

3 Likes

Homer Simpson Eating GIF

14 Likes

an 850-pound pot brownie would make the best party buffet ever

7 Likes

I accept this challenge.

9 Likes

Conservatively. Anyone who has any experience limits what they consume until they’re sure what the effects will be; ie. eat one and only one dose and wait for at least an hour. Maureen ate 16x the recommended dose, although that seems to be the fault of the dispensary for not informing her. Pretty shitty of them, but honesty there seems to be a toxicity in pot culture that makes this more common than it should be.

5 Likes

Eating this 850-pound pot brownie would be like eating all the fat, salt and carbs in…an 850-pound brownie. :thinking:

3 Likes

That means you’d need to eat nearly four pounds to get the equivalent of one joint. Not especially potent, right?

9 Likes

Or what I like to call “Monday.”

1 Like

Ah, well, I have had many, many edible experiences which, despite carefully measured and increased in separate sessions, and even attempts with different brands and strains, could only be described as either “nope, nothing at all, there’s just nothing” or “MegaDowd MegaDowners”. Super conservative, super controlled, totally binary nothing-at-all or complete-psyche-destruction. I have heard from others like me, who have experimented with THC via other means with no issues, but have had nothing but trouble with edibles. Personally, I have officially given up on edibles.

I thought the whole Maureen Dowd thing was hilarious at the time, having been someone who had only smoked the devil weed without incident and never done edibles, but wow, I feel like Maureen may have been less dumb than the public made her out for being.

2 Likes

Winnie The Pooh Reaction GIF

7 Likes

Yeah, it seems like you’d end up with a stomachache long before you consumed enough for any noticeable effects.

3 Likes

I’m up for the challenge, need some seltzer water to wash down with.

2 Likes

Yeah, you get a stomach a cake if you eat too much cake.

2 Likes

Or a stigmata bake.

8 Likes

I wonder if the brownie itself would have a psychoactive effect before the THC… especially if you tried to put a significant dent in it.

2 Likes

May have Stig Mata, ain’t go’n Stig me.

snoop dogg weed GIF

2 Likes

I’m puzzled by the 850 pounds. It’s 3’ x 3’, and 15" tall, so 9 square feet basically.

So a 1’ x 1’ square of this brownie would weigh 94 pounds? Does that seem realistic? I mean it’s a huge block of brownie, but it must be incredibly dense, not cake-like at all to weigh almost 100 pounds in a 1-foot cube.

It implies that a 1 foot square brownie, just 1" tall, would weight over 6 pounds. That seems too heavy for a modest-size pan of brownies, sans pan.

also: a normal-sized brownie (2" by 3") would be a quarter-pounder.

3 Likes

Depending on quantity-consumed, this is a potential first cannabis overdose and/or death. My personal anecdote sees me in Mexico in the early 1970s, where higher quality weed at far cheaper prices induces one crew to take a full pound of marijuana and cook it up into a batch of brownies. While they didn’t die, the consumers didn’t exactly look like they were having fun. Extreme lethargy and huge black circles under their eyes. One person had to go to the hospital for some kind of treatment.