Hideous slob shaves on train, flicks used shaving cream on the floor

lower-your-expectations-amy-poeler

10 Likes

By now, I need an excavator to do that.
But I know a place that rents them out for very reasonable fees, so… silver lining. Sort of.

4 Likes

C’mon, the advertising for crap gadgets is pretty blatant.

15 Likes

Is it necessary to call him hideous and an idiot? The article is funny and worthwhile just for the content of the video - the namecalling is gross. The internet is mean enough without BB hating on people who are just fucked up.

5 Likes

He sure sounds disappointed in boing boing… Does he make the list?

3 Likes

Then how can one be disappointed? It’s a vital emotional state, crucial for passage of good genes from one generation to the next.

My great great great…great grandfather was disappointed by his fellows being eaten by sabertooth tigers, and so he ran faster… and so here I am to be disappointed that someone can be disappointed in boing boing. Where would humankind be if that wasn’t so?

Don’t know, but I’m pretty sure most of them are watching “Your Country Possibly Has Talent.”
I reckon they’re used to disappointment.

4 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing. Enjoy your stay.

3 Likes

George Clooney could be flicking his used shaving cream on a train and it would still be hideous to behold, and “idiotic” is a very appropriate way to describe that behaviour.

4 Likes

Believe me, there are far worse things on the floor than shaving cream! Shaving cream should be welcome.

True, but “slob” is better. I’ve known some pretty smart folks who were also pretty slobby.

5 Likes

@gracchus

I think the distinction here is that idiots don’t think or care that being extremely sloppy in public spaces really affects others.

ETA: It’s this level of lack of concern that spreads disease and sickness. If he’s acting this way with shaving, do you think he really bothers to wash his hands after going to the bathroom? Not to mention countless other means of transmitting nasty things; used band-aids carelessly strewn about for example.

2 Likes

Yeah. And I suppose people can be smart in one way and idiotic in another.

Either way, this kind of shite deserves exposure.

2 Likes

How about “repulsive sleazebag”?

1 Like

I’d rather not be exposed to his shite, TYVM. :face_vomiting: /s

2 Likes

As gross as what the guy is doing is, I agree. What he’s doing is rude and gross, but doesn’t really justify putting his face on the internet so tens of thousands of people can see him do it. Even if the guy didn’t seem to care about being filmed, I’d wager that has more to do with him not understanding the potential consequences.

Either way, he could be mentally ill or homeless or who knows what else. I dunno, I think what he’s doing is nasty, but I don’t really think it’s anywhere nasty enough to post his face on the internet for all to see.

2 Likes

Omg this drunk person flicked his, gasp, shaving scream, on the FLOOR!?!

not the social ideal (and of course it’s someone’s job to clean this car, ugh), but knowing of worse behavior on local public transit, I’m missing the point of shaming this garden-variety drunk guy (is a drunk person shaving that common, though?).

If he gets on a train and does the following kind of stuff, drunk or sober, let me know and i’ll be with you on the “hideous slob” thing:

1 Like

:musical_note: I have a sad story to tell you
It may even hurt your feelings a bit
Last night when I exit’d the train car
I stepped in a big pile of shaving cream
:musical_note:

1 Like

This guy seems to shave incredibly quickly and accurately without a mirror. I’m not even mad, that’s amazing. If I tried that my face would be hamburger.

4 Likes

Granted, this isn’t on the level of Ebola virus, but this degree of sloppiness does have cause for concern. Not saying he’s a carrier, but acceptance and normalization of this kind of behavior is what keeps the CDC awake at night (and not just from worry, but from having to tend to outbreaks while the rest of us are sleeping).

I’d put it on the level of a dude who doesn’t cough or sneeze into his sleeve. How does one know that person doesn’t have tuberculosis?

http://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/health+topics/health+conditions+prevention+and+treatment/infectious+diseases/ways+infectious+diseases+spread

5 Likes