Hideous slob shaves on train, flicks used shaving cream on the floor

Several of the profs in the history department have similar offices. The late, great Cliff Kuhn was also known as a great slob, but a wonderful historian and man of the people…

3 Likes

Pretty sure that’s my Ex’s house…

1 Like

And people have the chutzpah, the audacity, the sheer gall to complain about going-ons on my beloved NYC subway.

1 Like

So true story… In the first year of my marriage MrsTobinL was still living in Canada while I was in St. Louis as we were figuring out where the job market was. She was trying to avoid a “scruffy homeless guy”. When he got into the line at the checkout counter behind her she realized it was William Gibson (who still lives in that area). A few months later when I was visiting she spotted him again and got his attention. And yes he looked like a scruffy homeless guy. I said hi and thanks for the cool books. He thanked me and seemed to be a pretty affable person.

8 Likes

That is only slightly worse than my college instructor who was my - oh what is the word for it - counselor? Adviser?

1 Like

I have a friend who is a designer by day, metal guitarist by night, and got confronted in a Dollar General. He was looking a little scruffy looking.

I got the cops called on me at a jewelry store once. I guess not shaving for a week or two and being a bit off from back surgery makes you look weird.

4 Likes

Isn’t it the rats who are shaving on the NYC subway?

Sadly, I didn’t get to experience the subway when I went to NYC. They were on strike that week.

1 Like

Noted! https://goo.gl/y1WtTw

12 Likes

Semper Fi.

1 Like

I had a lady come into my coffee shop one time. She looked pretty classy, like a lot of the lawyers that came in every day. But this woman… she ordered a cappuccino, sat down at a table, and cut her fingernails. She was even having a conversation with the person she came in with. Just drinking some coffee, shooting the shit, and cutting her nails like it was the most natural thing. After awhile they got up and just left everything: two coffee cups, some napkins and a scattering of fingernails, some on the table, some on the floor.

I watched the whole thing in amazement. I would’ve said something but I was just too dumbfounded to believe what I was seeing. And if I had said something, I don’t think I would’ve been able to keep it appropriate.

3 Likes

I would’ve gone with “Innovative gentleman” or “time-saving gentleman.”

3 Likes

Wait, this isn’t a commercial for personal transportation?

I always imagined Jesus a lot taller.

2 Likes

Disappointed in myself for still not making it to the disappointment page. I clearly need to step it up.

7 Likes

Just tryin’ to shave a little time off his busy schedule?

Did you say “shave some time?”

4 Likes

That reminds me, what’s a guy got to do to get on that list? I’ve been disappointed as fuck on here, I think I earned it years ago.

3 Likes

Now I want this “shlub” turn out to be a hidden patron saint.

The Kevin Kelly based gadgets I actually appreciate, I remember scouring the Whole Earth Catolog looking for useful crap that now seems commonplace.

If God had a name what would it be?
And would you call it to his face?
If you were faced with Him in all His glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?

And yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
And yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah

What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Tryin’ to make his way home?

If God had a face what would it look like?
And would you want to see if, seeing meant
That you would have to believe in things like heaven
And in Jesus and the saints, and all the prophets?

Yeah, yeah, God is good

Just tryin’ to make his way home
Like back up to heaven all alone
Nobody callin’ on the phone
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome

Yeah, yeah, God is good

Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody callin’ on the phone
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome

1 Like

I think he’s kinda hot. Kinda.

Indeed. I have a really tough beard and sensitive skin. I’ve never shaved once in my entire life and not at least nicked myself a little bit.
Before anyone makes a recommendation - I’ve tried them all. Best outcome has been good cream, a brush and a Fusion blade. And growing a beard a long time ago so I only have to shave under that…