High school calls teen's innocent rainbow Big Gay Ice Cream t-shirt 'inappropriate'

No I wouldn’t. Stop putting words into my mouth.

I’ll concede to their wishes when they stop forcing their beliefs in my face.

Who had a very much “live and let live” attitude. Why can’t you?

11 Likes

I don’t have it handy, but it’s the one that forbids wearing cotton-polyester blends.

Oh, and @BurjiSpecks welcome to Boing Boing. Stick around. You might learn something.

6 Likes

Here a few of them:

Leviticus 18:22 ESV

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-28 ESV

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV

But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

1 Timothy 1:10-11 ESV

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

Mark 10:6-9 ESV

But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Jude 1:7 ESV

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Romans 1:27 ESV

And the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

I don’t see any mention of t-shirts.

12 Likes

thats cool and all, but there’s this thing in america called “Separation of church and state” which basically means that the bible has COMPLETELY NO AUTHORITY in schools.

13 Likes

A. Great!
B. Both sides mean to evangelize the other freely, that is why we must pick sides. Each of our views offend the other.
C. Not true, otherwise he wouln’t have come. He came to redeem us from sin because it destroys us and keeps us from our Holy Father. He did not come to give us permission to sin.

So basically you’re inventing t-shirts that would have messages that could be construed as threatening to other students, but I’d still call that an extremely gray area.

Hey, wouldn’t now be a good time to apologize for putting words in peoples’ mouths? That’s lying, and I thought lying was something Christians are forbidden to do.

6 Likes

The views of Christians do not offend me (they amuse me and worry me somewhat, but that’s a different issue). The ACTIONS of Christians who kill people in the name of their imaginary friend offend me. Remove the plank from your own eye before you criticise the spec in other’s.

6 Likes

I won’t go into the history of public schools or why they were started or how they were started. But I will say that public schools are hostile to Christianity. We are not welcome there.

YOU are entirely welcome. Your actions and criticism and bullying and outright fucking abuse are not, and nor should they be.

7 Likes

Really? I know a lot of Christians who send their kids to public schools. They have no problems.

Hey, wouldn’t now be a good time to apologize for putting words in peoples’ mouths? That’s lying, and I thought lying was something Christians are forbidden to do.

6 Likes

Are you speaking of something that happened half a millenium ago? By Kings who controlled the churches for their own exploits? I think that was Christianity being the victim not the crime.

What abuse are you accusing Christians of?

Are you speaking of something that actually happened, ever? I think you’re inventing a victim where none exists.

4 Likes

How about this lot.

for a start.

And thats the result of 1 VERY quick google search, limiting myself only to the US.

2 Likes

Sorry for assuming that about you specifically. I should have directed it toward secular humanism in general.

That’s nice of you to assume it about a belief system and not a person, but it’s a belief system held by people, so you’re still making a false assumption about a broad range of people you don’t know. And presumably I wasn’t the only one you were speaking of. So, while I appreciate your apology to me specifically, you owe an apology to more people.

Or do you think being forgiven for your sins absolves you of all responsibility?

7 Likes

So you are citing people who don’t follow the Bible? Okay, so all of Christianity, the Bible and God himself are abusers because of Catholic priests who did not even obey what the Bible teaches? That is not what the Bible teaches, or Christianity.

What of my actions have caused you harm?
How have I abused you?
How have I bullied you?
What about you have I criticized?

You were made by God, in his image. He did not come into the world to condemn you. Neither do I. But condemnation To one person means exposing sin, or warning people that they are on a pth that will harm them eternally. Condemnation to God is eternally suffering in Hell. Thankfully he came to give grace, holding off judgement so we have a chance to turn from sin and live righteously, knowing God and His ways. He loves us all, and is not willing that any would perish. But He does not commune with sin. That is why Jesus came, to pay the price with his life, a debt we could not pay. So that through faith we could be free from committing sins and from the judgement and consequences of sin, both here on earth and eternally.

No I am making it about the belief system. How closely a person follows it is an individual choice that I cannot measure.

Ok, so now you’re just lying. No point carrying on.

2 Likes