Lesbian couple voted prom king and queen at Ohio school

Originally published at: Lesbian couple voted prom king and queen at Ohio school | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Game Of Thrones Emmys GIF by IMDb

30 Likes

Compared to their parents’ generation, the kids are all right.

23 Likes

e159f454b9411d0e92b6395b52258606

23 Likes

Mm, unevenly distributed I think.

Witness the kid in my daughter’s AP HIstory class who concluded his report on the Civil Rights Act with the declaration, “… and so, the racism was solved!”

24 Likes

Another unidentified parent at the board meeting disagreed. “Sorry, but I believe that there are still two genders, a male and a female.”

This isn’t even a transgender issue, lol. God these people are stupid.

34 Likes

In AP history? Damn…I hope that kid did not get college credit for that.

14 Likes

Second that.

23 Likes

No kidding. I think this is the same kid who compared immigration to an infestation of squirrels during a current event connection in week one. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Unfortunately college credit is awarded solely on the results of the exam, entirely independent of the coursework at the high school.

6 Likes

Will the school even let you take the AP test if you’ve screwed up the coursework though?

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic on this. Feel free to recategorize.

1 Like

I look forward to a time when stories like this one aren’t news.

In large coastal cities, it would be as newsworthy as a story about an interracial prom “royalty”, which is to say not at all. It’s another case of “uneven distribution” as noted by @Faffenreffer. I see these stories as markers of progress, and am glad to see it’s now pushed out to the suburbs of midwestern cities.

22 Likes

Straight students voted for them too, obviously.

Or else there was massive voter fraud. . . .

Perhaps Giuliani is looking into it.

14 Likes

Parents voices additional concerns surround the New York Times’ best-selling book “Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You,” a book junior and senior English elective students have been instructed to read.

Some parents call it racist. School administrators are calling it a path to cultural competency.

Perhaps these parents should be sent back to high school. They most certainly need educating.

9 Likes

I don’t like this “unidentified person at school board meeting” bullshit.

If you’re gonna get up in public and say something, then have the fucking conviction and own it. State your name and address, just like you do when you’re at a city council meeting. Otherwise, STFU and GTFO.

If I need to announce my name and where I live to everyone in my town when I complain that our recycling contract won’t allow for glass items, then you SURE AS SHIT better state your name and address when you come into a public school and say some repugnant garbage about someone else’s child.

19 Likes

“Another unidentified parent at the board meeting disagreed. “Sorry, but I believe that there are still two genders, a male and a female.””

Sorry, another unidentified parent, but Science does not agree with you; gender is a spectrum, like sexuality. Heck, there are even more than two sexes!

11 Likes

I believe that there are two numbers, 3 and 42. You are not going to change my mind on that!

10 Likes

What appalls me about this story is that I immediately thought, “Prom? It’s too early for prom season; who are…” then I looked at the date and time on my menu bar and holy shit it’s May already. I still have stuff to do in March.

12 Likes

As a former AP teacher, anyone can take a AP exam – even if they aren’t enrolled in the class.

10 Likes

“AP Teacher”? Armour Piercing Teacher vs Bulletproof Monk! :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

7 Likes