Christian school expels student over rainbow birthday cake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/16/christian-school-expels-studen.html

4 Likes

This will make for a great deposition. How many colors is “too many”? Does the principal have any colorful outfits? Guess we’re exchanging closet photos for discovery…

14 Likes

Nice that they gave her one last really good lesson.

18 Likes

I will place my rainbow in the clouds, and it will become a guarantee of the covenant between me and the earth. … Never again will the waters become a flood and destroy all living things. (Genesis 9, NET)

I suppose Louisville KY isn’t as worried about flooding due to the climate crisis. But I’m guessing in Florida the churches are painted all over with rainbows, right?

13 Likes

Déjà vu:

10 Likes

We’re all making some horrible assumptions, perhaps the school is anti peace/ pro war.

2 Likes

I can imagine that she’s unhappy now (loss of friends, etc.) But I can’t help but think that a decade from now, she’ll view it as having dodged a bullet.

10 Likes

Didn’t god send a rainbow to Noah?

6 Likes

So that part in the bible after the flood was, what? God starting a gay pride parade?

(Though, the account in the Enuma Elish is more badass, because it’s not a rainbow, but an archery bow, as a threat to all those underwater sea creatures who’d dare cause a deluge: Marduk will shoot an arrow into your face if you mess with the earth).

11 Likes

Whitefield Academy had a freshman student entirely ignorant of any possibly “negative” sociocultural implications of rainbows. Not even her mom seems to have been woke to the underlying issues, certainly not enough to have expected any controversy. Even with these potentially perfect candidates for brain-washing by the school’s particular brand of hate-mongering, Whitefield Academy stupidly drops the ball because, knowing themselves, they cannot imagine such purity in others. Instead of exploring the situation enough to recognize the total innocence of their potential victim, Whitefield Academy can only see “evil” and respond with censure and rejection.

There’s times I almost wish for gods that match their adherents’ pretenses about their faiths so that Whitefield Academy would be judged and condemned by their own standards without appeal.

“You will know them by their fruits.” Lookin’ at you, Whitefield Academy.

8 Likes

Expel Genesis Chapter 9!!!

5 Likes

Yeh, i’m pretty sure that the Rainbow was God’s gift to people after the flood “as the sign of His promise that He would never again destroy the earth with flood” (Genesis 9:13–17)

5 Likes

I swear, if Jesus actually came back to Earth he would have to spend most of his time bitch slapping Christians.

16 Likes

“It strikes me that there’s now an ecology of bakers, seamsters, varsity photographers, etc., refusing to do rainbows because rainbows are gay.”

Hah! I always knew rainbows were gay. I mean look at how they flaunt their colors, not caring who sees them, with the promise of a “pot of gold” at the end. And we all know what “pot of gold” refers to, amirite? Won’t somebody please think of the children?!

2 Likes

Is part of the ‘posture of morality and cultural acceptance’ that she looks happy in that picture?

3 Likes

1) It is appropriate to celebrate whenever someone is expelled from one of these nut-job brainwashing centers.

2) That cake looks awesome. Now I’m hungry.

10 Likes

god … god… and jesus too, Ive never really prayed to either of you before and well I don’t really believe you’re there but just in case, I’m Praying too you now and asking if theres any way in heaven you could possibly erect Giant f#%ing rainbow right over that school ?
amen
P.S. could you add some pink ?

3 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe it’s not the number but the order of the colors?!

1 Like

Some folks will never get over the rainbow.

5 Likes