Kentucky's Whitefield Academy expels student for wearing a rainbow shirt in a Facebook photo

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/15/suffer-little-children.html

5 Likes

Well, the cake is also rainbow, so case closed.
I had rainbows on my bed sheets as a kid. Ruined me for life!
or something

26 Likes

Fucking ridiculous that it’s branded as a “lifestyle violation”.

Sounds like they wanted her out for the e-cigarette and cutting class.

37 Likes

Well, they’re not very Christ-like at Whitefield. Jesus is asked how many times to forgive. And he says not seven, but seventy times seven.

35 Likes

They did the child a favor. If only they would expel more/all the students they’d harm less children.

67 Likes

Looks like there are plenty of other “Christian” Schools that have no problem with rainbows, maybe WHITEfield Academy wants to start a Holy War?:

524.png

11 Likes

may be counter or in opposition to the Biblical lifestyle the school teaches,

According to rather fascist “Christian” men, who want obedient believers who will become useful as obedient workers, obedient voters and obedient proselytizers.

11 Likes

You can photograph a rainbow. Hell, you can TASTE a rainbow. But GODDAMNIT you will NOT wear a rainbow!

10 Likes

Well, they could at least have waited for the next one as they claim that they occur frequently and avoid all the bad publicity.

Who knows, maybe her rap sheet is really really long. /s

But, can you mark your skin with a rainbow?

5 Likes

Christian fascist totalitarians need to invent enemies in order to distract believers from where they are being led and told to do.

16 Likes

While generally this is just a story about stupid, horrible people being hurt by surrounding themselves with other stupid, horrible people, if you live in Georgia Kentucky, odds are very high that your tax dollars are funding this terrorist-training madrassa.

14 Likes

We learned the satanic arts of prisms in my hellish secular science class.

Though I guess he was also into the occult, and may have been gay. Then again, if they used anything using modern technology, they probably have Newton to thank for it.

30 Likes

It looks like they are doing a shitty job. The staff need to go back to their own school.

Or is it only the students who are moulded to be “Christ”-like?

15 Likes

The incident actually took place at a different Whitefield Academy in Louisville, Kentucky, not Georgia.

7 Likes

I think you linked to the wrong Whitefield. The one in the article is in Louisville KY not GA…

5 Likes

The girl was expelled from a school in Kentucky, not Georgia. The school linked in the BB article is the wrong one. Correction needed. Here’s the guilty one : https://whitefield.org/

8 Likes

Christ, what a bunch of assholes.

19 Likes

White Field Academy

13 Likes

Come to public school kiddo! We have all the teen angst and hot lunch tater tots without the cult-mindset programming!

9 Likes

This is just an early depiction of Indiana Jones discovering the location of the Ark of the Covenant.

6 Likes