Kentucky's Whitefield Academy expels student for wearing a rainbow shirt in a Facebook photo

“demonstrates a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy’s beliefs.”

Yes! If there’s one thin…er, two things, Whitefield Academy will NOT stand for, it’s morality and cultural acceptance.

19 Likes

the school seeks to work in tandem with children’s families to “mold students to be Christ-like.”

Pretty sure they couldn’t handle the real thing…can you imagine a truly Christ-like anti-authoritarian but forgiving student in a place like that?

5 Likes

How can this be when President Trump has signed an Executive Order for “free inquiry” and “open debate” at colleges and universities?

Freeze Peach for Nazis … and no one else.

12 Likes

GENESIS 9:12-18, The Revised New Evangelical Edition

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between Me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come… And whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of every kind that is on the earth.”
And Noah looked upon the sign and said, “Get out of here with that! I reject this sign, for it represents a lifestyle violation!”
And God said, “Ha! Ha! Well, done, Noah! I was just testing you! That’s right, whenever you see this sign in the sky, you’ll know that it really represents something demonic! And years from now, when your descendants see something that looks benign, like some TV show where a funny alien named Mork is wearing rainbow suspenders, then thou shalt boycott the network!”
And Noah said, “Whuh?”
And God said, “Just work with me here, Noah.”

24 Likes

And he was probably an Aspie so you know they never would’ve put up with that shit either.

2 Likes

Is it sad that I really kind of hope that some ambulance chaser gets them to sue the school on anti-discrimination grounds regarding her expulsion over wearing a Christian symbol?

It would just be good fun watching the school try to prove that a symbol mentioned prominently in the bible and set down from God himself as a symbol of their religion is not, in fact, a symbol of their religion. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

12 Likes

I am not a big believer in the idea of cultural appropriation. Or, at least, that it happens very rarely.

This is one of those rare cases, and I am fascinated at how effectively the LBGTQ community has appropriated the rainbow.

2 Likes

…and the covenant was I will remember my promise to you and to all other living creatures. Never again will I let floodwaters destroy all life.

A small flood that wipes out one academy is hardly wiping out all life. It’s totally okay, covenant-wise. They don’t want rainbows, and they don’t want everything that goes with rainbows. Aww c’mon, God, they are practically begging for it. Amen.

6 Likes

Because we all know that christ was against morality and cultural acceptance?

1 Like

I think it’s not so much that the LGBTQ community has very successfully apropriated anything, but more that others are so paranoid in getting associated with them that they react rather peculiar to anything that could vaguely be construed as suggesting support for LGBTQ people.

Still, if the effect is that y’all quaeda can’t use rainbow imagery anymore, I’m all for it :smiley:

8 Likes

“Christ- WhatAnAsshole -centered, college-preparatory school for grades PreK-12 fostering a passion for learning, others ahead of self, and the living and active Jesus.”

FIFY!

4 Likes

ehhh if we are wishing for the deaths of the wicked, let’s keep it to the administrators, not like the kids ands stuff.

1 Like

An infuriating blessing!

-She got busted for smoking a e-cig in school…gets to stay.
-She then violated the dress code by shaving the sides of her head…gets to stay.
-Eats a colorful cake at a restaurant with her family…GTFO!!!

10 Likes

So they would promote students spending time with prostitutes and destroying church property right? Or is this another case of “Christ-like” in the ways we want to acknowledge, but none of they ways we don’t?

11 Likes

Isn’t that like a requirement in Leviticus?

I think it’s more “Christ-like” in a sense that has nothing to do with the biblical character of Jesus in any way, shape or form.

10 Likes

You’re trying to justify it with Mosaic Law? Heretic!!

2 Likes

Can’t be christlike without slavery, despite what John Wesley might think!

also, you may read into this what you will.

“I believe it is God’s will that I should marry”, George Whitefield wrote to a friend in 1740.[56] But he was concerned: “I pray God that I may not have a wife till I can live as though I had none.” That ambivalence—believing God willed a wife, yet wanting to live as if without one—brought Whitefield a disappointing love life and a largely unhappy marriage.[56]

3 Likes

She was expelled after administrators saw that she had posted a photo of herself at her 15th birthday party, blowing out the candles while wearing a shirt with rainbow patterns on the sleeves.

Sounds like the administrators did her a favor. She should write them a thank you letter, and include a bunch of Skittles.

8 Likes